Defensive Handgun Tactics & Techniques
This course addresses the issue of "when to shoot" more so than "how to shoot" with a hands-on approach emphasizing continuous live-fire and interactive, scenario-driven training. Also includes combat techniques and simunition training including intermediate use of force.
During the course, you will:
* Safely handle a firearm in both a home and business environment.
* Reload effectively under stress.
* Safe cleaning and maintenance procedures.
* Win and avoid confrontations by understanding mindset and "body alarm reaction".
* Move with a firearm in a populated environment without endangering others.
* * Effectively place shots in a reduced light environment.
* Make sound survival judgments through interactive training.
* Engage multiple attackers
Course content includes:
An extensive session on reduced light training covering technical and tactical considerations, techniques for searching, identifying and engagement, as well as special equipment concerns. The training is then utilized in dynamic and interactive settings.
Judgmental training which enhances the ability to properly identify and deal with threats through the use of verbalization, sound tactics and handgun skills while incorporating realistic targets and settings.
Interactive training puts all learned skills to the test through the use of stress-oriented, close range and realistic scenarios. Done both indoors (in one of our simulators or the Alley) and outdoors, realism is gained through the use of live opponents.