Point Shooting Class in Prescott, AZ.

This is a discussion on Point Shooting Class in Prescott, AZ. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Along with Gabe Suarez I will be teaching a point shooting class on Oct. 27-28 in Prescott, Az. I will also be offering some basic ...

Thread: Point Shooting Class in Prescott, AZ.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar

Along with Gabe Suarez I will be teaching a point shooting class on Oct. 27-28 in Prescott, Az.
    I will also be offering some basic combatives classes in the evening if there is enough interest.
    Details below.
    Registration can be done at http://www.suarezinternational.com/tech.html

Email this to a friend
    October 27-28, 2007 - Interface of Sighted Fire/Point Shooting - Prescott, AZ 071027
    NEW COURSE!!
    Your Price Qty
    $395.00

Detailed Description
    NEW TRAINING COURSE!!

You have read all of the pro and con articles in magazines and the BS on the internet. One side promotes sights at all ranges and at all times. Another side claims using sights is suicidal. Find out for sure what the truth is in this exciting ONE TIME ONLY training opportunity.

For the first time ever, the different disciplines of Point Shooting and Sighted Fire will be presented in one event. But as well, we will unite the two into one seamless package, a true interface of disciplines. You will be able to fire with precision using the sights, but also be able to shoot lightning fast up close without needing to take your eyes off your adversary! Our goal is the complete development of the gunfighter.

Additionally, there will be a short segment on point shooting with rifles. We will supply the rifles for those who do not wish to travel with them.

Duration: 2 days
    Ammunition: Approximately 1000 rounds
    Instructors: Matt Temkin (Point Shooting Expert), and Gabe Suarez
    Requirements: Pistol, Carry Holster, 3 Magazine and pouch, Standard Range Safety Gear

$395.00

DO NOT MISS THIS CHANCE

Thumbs up

Just signed up...
    Thanks for the link and info!
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Roger that.
    See you there.

Thumbs up Outstanding Class!

I just got home from Prescott after training with Matt, Roger and Gabe. NO ONE that's ever seen Matt shoot can say that point shooting is not accurate. I was amazed at the progress I made in just 2 days. I'd look at a spot on the target, and the bullet holes started appearing right there. No sights; I wasn't even looking at the gun. Roger shared his considerable knowledge on the subject, and Gabe went through AKs and some tactical malfunction clearing/reloading.
    That was money WELL spent. I'd recommend this class HIGHLY!
    Thanks Matt, Gabe and Roger!
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I just got home from Prescott after training with Matt, Roger and Gabe. NO ONE that's ever seen Matt shoot can say that point shooting is not accurate. I was amazed at the progress I made in just 2 days. I'd look at a spot on the target, and the bullet holes started appearing right there. No sights; I wasn't even looking at the gun. Roger shared his considerable knowledge on the subject, and Gabe went through AKs and some tactical malfunction clearing/reloading.
    Thanks and it was great meeting you.
    All I can say is that it was a great class, great people and everyone was up to speed in no time flat.
    I really enjoyed watching the group eat up the one handed shooting and at the end of the second day every cardboard target had a gaping hole where the center once was..the result of taking over 1600 hits each.
    At Sunday's dinner one gent summed things up nicely when he stated, "You know, this system really boils down to aggression."
    BINGO!!!
    Next time I would like to add some low light methods, some more combatives and some FOF to the equation.
    The first day we covered mainly two hand point shooting--from a variety of ready positions,( Including SUL) and from the holster--which allowed everyone to experience the extreme limitations of using two hands when things get up close and with rapid movement.
    Day two was what I consider to be the heart of the subject, which is one handed point shoulder, 3/4 hip, 1/2 hip, EU/ED, In Quartata and moving in every possible direction. And yes, some were working from total concealment for quite a few of the drills.
    I also included some advice on what to do after a shooting and how to properly deal with responding police officers so as to avoid any confusion as to who is who.
    I also showed the Applegate approach to gun grappling.
    The last two hours or so was spent learning/practicing point shooting with AR's and AK's
    I believe the total round count was 900 for those with hi cap mags and about 750 for our 1911 users.
    Many thanks to Roger as a co teacher for many of the drills as well as an extra set of eyes on the line.
    Naturally a big thanks to Gabe for setting thins up and his excellent lectures on malfunctions and the use of the AK.
    I can learn alot from his smooth, organized teaching style.
    Well, I just returned to the Big Apple where the bird is singing, the tree is changing color and tomorrow I return to the same old, same old.
    I am looking forward to co teaching some more classes in God's Country in the not so distant future.

Sponsor
    BillR,

There was no question Matt would bring you to a level most feel impossible in these types of skills. Glad to hear you had a great learning experience.

Matt,

Congratulations to you,

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    BillR,

There was no question Matt would bring you to a level most feel impossible in these types of skills. Glad to hear you had a great learning experience.

Matt,

Congratulations to you,

Brownie
    Roger that and thanks.
    It was good to be back in AZ.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    Thanks Bill, It was a real pleasure to meet you. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sponsored Links