Skills drill with Clint Smith on P.D. TV

This is a discussion on Skills drill with Clint Smith on P.D. TV within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the show that made me pay attention to Mr. Smith. I dont care for the show all that much, but I do like ...

Thread: Skills drill with Clint Smith on P.D. TV

Administrator
    This is the show that made me pay attention to Mr. Smith. I dont care for the show all that much, but I do like his segment. He isnt a blow hard like most others.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

One TV program i really enjoy but this latest one recorded by my TIVO last Wed on the outdoor channel was the best (for me). I prefer pistols, 45 ACP to be exact. but having only the use of my right hand I have always worried about how to clear my weapon and re-rack a new round quickly. Also how to easily, and reasonably quickly, load a new mag. Well Mr. Smith covered that in this segment. Makes it look reasonable, doable, and easy. Gota love that show. If i knew how to transfer from TIVO to here i'd give you all the link.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    One TV program i really enjoy but this latest one recorded by my TIVO last Wed on the outdoor channel was the best (for me). I prefer pistols, 45 ACP to be exact. but having only the use of my right hand I have always worried about how to clear my weapon and re-rack a new round quickly. Also how to easily, and reasonably quickly, load a new mag. Well Mr. Smith covered that in this segment. Makes it look reasonable, doable, and easy. Gota love that show. If i knew how to transfer from TIVO to here i'd give you all the link.
    Great show. I do wish the show had more of Clint and Mas Ayoob.

Hopefully the show will grow in time. I enjoy it.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    This was a great segment, very informative. I like the show as a whole but Clint Smith and Mas Ayoob's segment are my favorate portions by far.
    The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference-they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

1943 - 2009
    I like Clint, too, but you really have to be alert and pay attention to his rapid-fire delivery style. If you look away, even momentarily, you'll miss something.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I enjoy the show too. PDTV has already grown. The first season was sort of blah. I think they were finding their way a little and Gresham was trying to carry the show, but he just doesn't have the personality to be the "star of the show".

This year's shows are much more polished and seem to flow much better. I'm really glad they're giving Ayoob his own segment and having Gresham talk more with Clint.

Let's hope the third season gets even better!

VIP Member
    Tom is more used to radio and the transition is not smooth so fast.
    I also love the Clint & Mas sections, very informative.

Tom Gresham is bringing a whole lot of different schools, tatics & trainers for us to see. Some I like, some I disagree & dislike but the main thing is to use & learn whatever it works for you.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I find PDTV a good, useful show. Less of a commercial than the other gun shows.

And Clint Smith? That guy's a wizard with firearms and a natural instructer.

Yup, I come away with a ton of stuff from every episode I've watched so far.

I received a bday gift of DVDs for the 2006 season of pdtv from my loving parents :-) The episodes go by fast so the stop,backup-watch-again feature is useful as there is alot of good information. Makes me want to sign up with one of these places to get some real training by the masters

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dagor2k View Post
    Makes me want to sign up with one of these places to get some real training by the masters
    DO IT! Its worth every penny.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    DO IT! Its worth every penny.
    +1

You won't believe how much you will learn by taking an actual class from a master.
    The biggest plus is the way you will practice from there on out. No more aimless hours at the range.
    Your practice will reconnect you to the class and you will handle your weapon with much more confidence and skill!

I can't echo SIXTO's sentiment enough! Do it!

HKR
    +1 on Clint Smith being the best part of that show. He comes off as a regular guy who is very knowledgable and seems to truely want to teach you something not just fill air time. I think you could have him do the entire 30 minutes and there wouldn't be a wasted moment, but I do understand the need to break it up into segments with other professionals.

Another vote for Clint at TRO. I took an urban rifle class from him and one of the first things he said went something like "I know I asked you all to bring 1,000 rounds of ammo but I would rather you only shot 200 quality rounds this weekend than burn the whole case just pulling the trigger." After that I knew it would be a good course, and I wasn't proven wrong. If I could afford it, I'd take every course he offers. The segment he teaches on Injury drills could pay for the course and more someday (I'm in the military) even though I was cussing under my breath during the whole segment.

Sponsored Links