Deployed Soldier would like assistance starting CCW training group

This is a discussion on Deployed Soldier would like assistance starting CCW training group within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2nd Amendment friends, My name is SSG Daniel Ortiz; currently I am stationed at FOB Warrior in Kirkuk Iraq. My unit deployed from Ft.Drum NY ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deployed Soldier would like assistance starting CCW training group

Arrow Deployed Soldier would like assistance starting CCW training group

2nd Amendment friends,
    My name is SSG Daniel Ortiz; currently I am stationed at FOB Warrior in Kirkuk Iraq. My unit deployed from Ft.Drum NY at the end of August with Aco 10th BSB, 1st BCT 10th MTN DIV. It is currently planned to be a 15 month deployment.
    Some of the Soldiers in our small ammunition section have expressed interest in learning fundamental to intermediate level armed self defense techniques. I have tried researching online, how ever download times are very high due to low bandwidth. Furthermore most sites do not allow you to save videos only replay them on the site.
    My plea to you is if you could please donate used CCW strategy, armed self defense, other tactical training books / videos (DVD type formats), and some dummy pistols for our section to use. My goal is to share the techniques and incorporate them in to the Army Combative program here as applicable to war time scenarios. I desire to share the videos with others interested and form a training group where we could have discussion and practical training sessions for situations on the home front and the frontline. It would be a shared learning environment, with no real instructor; Low impact, and with safety in mind. A CCW group like this could have many benefits for the Soldiers here. Personally it would be a great introduction and familiarization to professional training classes given stateside.
    In return for your generosity, I will gladly send you pictures of the group youíve sponsored and a presentable certificate for you or organization. I will provide my APO (Army Post Office) address in a PM to you along with any verification that I am where I say I am if needed. If you have any questions about what has been already sent or what and how to send these items please feel free to post or PM and Iíll get back to you ASAP. For now, any items must be sent via USPS and fill out an easy and free customs form at post office.
    PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY TYPE OF AMMUNITION (BLANK OR DUMMY), OR METALLIC TRAINING PISTOLS. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Daniel Ortiz
    SSG USA
    ATHP NCOIC
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dynamo55b; November 2nd, 2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: add picts
    Zuma Forums --- Youtube Channel Link
    Yamaha Zuma 125 in Black: 164cc w/ forge piston upgrade, Yosh CF pipe, Pirelli GTS23/24 tires, Force Works ECU, SRT 4 hole injector, Race camshaft, and KOSO 28mm TB w/ manifold,

2. Remove Ads

I tried to PM you but your profile is set not to accept PM's.

A couple of weeks ago I had a stack of Concealed Carry magazines, American Rifleman and such but they were donated to Blue Star Mothers and sent to Iraq.

I'd be glad to save additional magazines and send them over if you think they would be helpful. Concealed Carry magazine would be especially useful I think.

Let me know...

I asked my local VFW and shooting range for magazines. They have been very receptive in sending them to us regularly. I'm a member of the NRA so my wife always sends the most recent publications for me. However concealed carry magazine we don't have. Those would be helpful. I've changed the settings so I can now accept all PMs. Sorry about that! Thank you

Daniel
    Yamaha Zuma 125 in Black: 164cc w/ forge piston upgrade, Yosh CF pipe, Pirelli GTS23/24 tires, Force Works ECU, SRT 4 hole injector, Race camshaft, and KOSO 28mm TB w/ manifold,

Daniel, post an address to me and I have some videotapes and dvds that I can send you. I'm a firearms instructor for the NRA and for a couple of local police departments. These are pretty good and recent stuff.
    Imagine that you're an enemy soldier and you are surrounded by U.S. Army paratroopers on one side and American marines on the other side... Talk about a hopeless situation... That has got to be legal grounds for suicide!

Shoot me a PM with what you need.

Blue Guns-?
    Power Points-?
    DVD's-?

Instructor Manuals-?

I will have somone in my office ship them to you! As we are for a short time neighbors.

Tom Perroni
    Owner /Lead Instructor
    www.perronitactical.com
    Lead Instructor
    www.blackwaterusa.com
    Training Director / PSD
    www.goldensealenterprises.com

Talking Thank You

I did not expect to get such a response. Please let me know when you have sent the packages out. Being in the ammo biz we are FAR out from everything. I only go up to the company when I have to. Their supposed to call, but that never happens or I don't get the message. This will also help me ID boxes if they are friend or foe. The BG out here will try anything to kill Joe. Thank you for your offers. We all look forward to receiving them soon.

VIP Member
    SSG Ortiz - I will be out that way in a few months; when are you due to rotate home? Perhaps we could link up for a few training events... Also, I could possibly bring some stuff with me in my UAB.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

SSG Ortiz
    Thank you for your service to our country! Salute!!
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post
    FYI, on .mil website:

MCRP 3-01B.... Marine Pistol Marksmanship (look for the CCW section)

http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/c53...rksmanship.pdf
    what's the password?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

SSG Ortiz,
    Thank you for your service!
    All of the folks I personally know that have served in country have rotated home safely. I thought I had run out of people to shop for. If there is anything you and yours need, just shoot me a pm. mag pulls to coffee cups, name it and claim it!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Thumbs up DVD RECIVED! Thank you!

I would like to thank Brian LaMaster from Innovative Tactical Concepts, LLC. You can find his training at www.right2defend.com and www.modernwarriortalk.com. I highly recommend his "FIGHT" video volume one & two. Its easy to learn, informative, and sharp focus movement, and distractions in order to give you the extra second need to gain the upper hand. In my opinion, even if you are working on improving your marksmanship, this video will show you that in a lot of CCW situations marksmanships takes a backseat to surviving the initial confrontation. Getting to you firearm may not always be the best move or a viable one. Don't limit you options by assuming you will be able to get to your gun first in all situations. Brian LaMasters video shows various techniques that are practical reactions to real life scenarios. A well done, and creative training tool for all skill levels.

I'll PM you in a moment and arrange to send you a copy of 3 of my DVDs and a copy of the Combat Focus Shooting book to help your endeavors.

Sorry I missed your original post!

-RJP

As mentioned before, thank you(and everyone else there) for your service to our great Nation.

Unhappy my "dry fire" drawing pistol

Captured 9mm Berretta Clone.
    Barrel and Firing pin hole filled with Quick steel as to render in operable with live ammunition. Good for draw, dry fire practice. Still unsafe to practice take a ways. Sharp safty latch removed. Like my whiteout "tritium" 3 dot combat sights? Its better than nothing!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dynamo55b; December 3rd, 2007 at 01:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links