Naming a CCW course

This is a discussion on Naming a CCW course within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Father and his friend have been teaching a ccw course for the past year, and are wanting me to help them come up with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naming a CCW course

Naming a CCW course

My Father and his friend have been teaching a ccw course for the past year, and are wanting me to help them come up with an official name for the course along with a logo. I figured, I'd bring it to you guys and see what ideas you have brewing. Any input would be greatly appreciated. They teach personal defense, home defense, and ccw certifications, and they need a name that informs what they do within their classes, and or kind of sums up the attitude of the company. Thanks for your help!
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

How about starting with describing:

...what they do within their classes, and or kind of sums up the attitude of the company.
    Having been through the process I would suggest that they should decide what is important to them and use that as the name and to inspire the logo, not pull a Clinton and base it off of polling data.

-RJP

Nice feedback. lol. We teach home defense tactics, and personal defense along with doing the certification for ccw in Ohio. We base everything on realistic situations. We emphasize the responsibility of carrying a firearm, but also want people to know the great decision they are making by deciding to take responsibility for themselves and no longer be one of the sheep. I referred the question to this particular board not for a poll, but rather because the techniques and lessons taught are strongly supported by this group. That is why I was posting to see if any one was more creative than I am if they had any ideas.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

A company name will come to you. You need inspiration to get the brain juices flowing. Pick one word and then build around that. Keep it short, 3 maybe 4 words at the most. When I was working on my company name I knew I wanted the word "defense" in it. Ended up being "On The Defense, LLC".

Make sure you set up an LLC thru the secretary of state. Go to her website and print off the forms. $125 is well worth the protection you get from becoming a limited liability company.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

We do plan on setting up the llc, thus the reason for the name. Right now we are pretty sure we want the words tactical and defense in the name along with something that shows a vigilance or prepared state. Its coming its just slower than I'd like.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Tactical is used too much in the gun industry. Every time I think of tactical, I think of "tacticool", Hollywood jazz that will get you killed.

Being in the beginning of starting my own business, right now just a DBA, picking a name is a PITA. Choosing a slogan is twice as hard.

Good point Tubby--I definitely need to have defense in the name, as that is the main thing that is taught. The problem is everytime I come up with an idea, someone is already using it. Face it, originality isn't that common in the firearm industry.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by S3ymour View Post
    Right now we are pretty sure we want the words tactical and defense in the name along with something that shows a vigilance or prepared state.
    Defensive Vigilante Tactics?

Hmm, not bad, I just don't want vigilante to come across as vigilantee(SP?)...might be bad for business.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I've come up with a hole bunch i might like, just be creative (easier said than done i suppose). Probally helps if you have been drinking, but one thing I was expierimenting with is combining two words such as solid and tactics to get SoliTak firearm training. Just stuff like that, or SoluTak soultions and Tactics. (If you are wondering about the K its b/c i think it is more astethcially pleasing)
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

also a great idea. Thanks for the input guys!
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Peruse the secretary of state's website to see what is already taken. That may help you narrow it down.

Coming up with a logo has been the bear for me. Still thinking about that.

Care to list that website for any of us too????

lol

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/busin...px?Section=102

This is Ohio's, but you would want to search your own state's site for names already used.

Heck, I'd like to find that same deal here in NY.

Anyone know of the website in NY that will offer the same process?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links