Crafty Sneaky Techniques

This is a discussion on Crafty Sneaky Techniques within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm an oldphart (65) and am interested in learning nasty little moves to compensate for my age and slowness. I know about keeping a snubby ...

Thread: Crafty Sneaky Techniques

Crafty Sneaky Techniques

I'm an oldphart (65) and am interested in learning nasty little moves to compensate for my age and slowness.

I know about keeping a snubby in my coat pocket and firing through the coat. Anybody know anymore oldphart tactical techniques?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Carry a walking stick or heavy cane? Fake a heart attack? You want the BG trying to react to you, not the other way around.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I would second the heart attack option- I knew a woman that faked a seizure when a BG tried to mug her, and it scared the hell out of him. Naturally you wouldn't want to rely on it as a deterrent, but I think it would give you a few seconds of shock value, which you could use to get to that pocket gun :-)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d3athp3nguin View Post
    I would second the heart attack option- I knew a woman that faked a seizure when a BG tried to mug her, and it scared the hell out of him. Naturally you wouldn't want to rely on it as a deterrent, but I think it would give you a few seconds of shock value, which you could use to get to that pocket gun :-)
    There's nothing wrong with using subterfuge to get your way over an attacker. In fact, if I had to fake something and then used that time to get my gun out and shoot the attacker, I'd consider it a nuanced victory.

But if I had no means of defense and faking a seizure was all I could do, and then had to hope the guy would just get freaked out and go away, I'd feel small, useless, helpless, and pathetic.

Administrator
    Fighting Dirty by Loren Christenson is a DVD specifically tailored to quickly extricating oneself from life threatening scenarios.
    Available from paladin press
    http://www.paladin-press.com/detail.aspx?ID=1271

I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 it's about a 6 with a few moves making it well worth the money spent at $39.

With more than 20 years of experience in law enforcement dealing with the most violent scum skid row had to offer, retired cop Loren Christensen knows what works on the street and what won’t, and he has distilled his knowledge into a video that teaches all the dirty tricks you need to learn in order to win a real fight. Focusing on gross motor movements that require a minimum of practice to execute, Christensen shows you how to perform a series of quick, hard strikes that will make your attacker wish he’d stayed at home. From there, he teaches you defenses against some of the most common street attacks, including lapel and wrist grabs, wild haymaker punches and tackle attempts.

From turning the tables on a skilled opponent to quickly taking out a thug who’s after your wallet, the techniques in this video are vital for street survival. For information purposes only. Color, approx. 108 min.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Re: Crafty Sneaky Techniques

I completely agree with the use of deception and subterfuge. If you are interested, you can read an excerpt from my book "Welcome to the Real World, A Dangerous Place to be Caught Unprepared!" at www.wttrw.com where I used this tactic against a student who thought he was being cute.

It is NOT in any way to be considered a way out of a confrontation, but rather should as others have said be used to gather time on your side.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams
    President / Chief Instructor

Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC
    www.wa-protective.com
    www.wttrw.com

I don't call 65 old. 59 here, but I shoot with a couple of guys in their 70's, and I wouldn't mess with them and their shooting.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

I would like to emphasize what Rocky said about carrying a cane. It is a good weapon even if you don't know how to use it. Learn three or four simple moves and it becomes an extremely effective weapon. You might not need to shoot holes in your coat.

The other suggestion is to get plenty of dry fire practice and all the trigger time you can afford.

Links