Tactical Response Training

This is a discussion on Tactical Response Training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just signed up for the Tactical Response Training in Camden Tn. I'm taking the class in April. Anyone been there? I've heard it's excellent. ...

Thread: Tactical Response Training

VIP Member

Tactical Response Training

I just signed up for the Tactical Response Training in Camden Tn. I'm taking the class in April. Anyone been there? I've heard it's excellent. I signed up for the Fighting Pistol course..Really looking forward to it.

2. Remove Ads

I've done a little bit of training there.

Do you have any specific questions?
    Shay Van Vlymen - Instructor Tactical Response

I took Fighting Pistol back in June, I HIGHLY recommend it. Great instructors, awesome training, and the "Team room" kicks butt. I'm hoping to make it back for another couple of classes this year.

here's the course review I posted back in June:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=28011
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I took Fighting Pistol back in June, I HIGHLY recommend it. Great instructors, awesome training, and the "Team room" kicks butt. I'm hoping to make it back for another couple of classes this year.

You need to come back for Advanced Fighting Pistol. It will reset your bar for quality training. Fighting Pistol, Advanced Fighting Pistol and The Fight (our Force on Force scenarios course) make a very well rounded curriculum for training your fighting Mindset.

If that isn't enough to get you to come back, Kody's should be.....

Quote Originally Posted by ShackleMeNot View Post
    You need to come back for Advanced Fighting Pistol..
    That I can vouch for.

And just a note for the PA folks: both pistols classes are available as a 4-day block in PA in June, at the Western end of the state. I guarantee you that after those 4 days, you will be squared away.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post

Wow, Great review. Sounds like I hit the right place. Let me ask you. I carry an XD40SC. Do you think that gun would be ok for the training? Shooting at those long distances, I wonder if I'd need a longer bbl, even though this is what I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Wow, Great review. Sounds like I hit the right place. Let me ask you. I carry an XD40SC. Do you think that gun would be ok for the training? Shooting at those long distances, I wonder if I'd need a longer bbl, even though this is what I carry.
    Bring what you carry. Don't have a special gun for taking our classes (or anyone else's classes for that matter).

I borrowed a student's Glock 26 with XS Big Dot sights for a shooting demo during this year's Alumni Training Weekend and hit steel silhouettes at 25, 50 and 100 yards on the first shots. Distance pistol shooting is not typically part of the Fighting Pistol curriculum and even if it was your gun would do just fine.

You need to come back for Advanced Fighting Pistol. It will reset your bar for quality training. Fighting Pistol, Advanced Fighting Pistol and The Fight (our Force on Force scenarios course) make a very well rounded curriculum for training your fighting Mindset.

If that isn't enough to get you to come back, Kody's should be.....
    already on it
    I'm hoping to make it down for AFP and maybe The Fight sometime in '08.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    Bring what you carry. Don't have a special gun for taking our classes (or anyone else's classes for that matter).

I borrowed a student's Glock 26 with XS Big Dot sights for a shooting demo during this year's Alumni Training Weekend and hit steel silhouettes at 25, 50 and 100 yards on the first shots. Distance pistol shooting is not typically part of the Fighting Pistol curriculum and even if it was your gun would do just fine.
    Thank you sir. I'm really looking forward to it....

Links