Yesterday the universe was aligned for me.

This is a discussion on Yesterday the universe was aligned for me. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I won my first IDPA match last night. I've been shooting IDPA as an Unk shooter for about 11 months, at my part ...

Thread: Yesterday the universe was aligned for me.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Yesterday the universe was aligned for me.

I think I won my first IDPA match last night.

I've been shooting IDPA as an Unk shooter for about 11 months, at my part time job. The guy that runs our matches generally always wins, and he is a Master Class shooter. The guy that comes in second is also a Master class shooter, I have been finishing 3rd for about 4 months now. Its always the same order or very close. Last night I was breaking in my new rig. Belt holster from C-Tac, and new Mag Pouches ( I used to use just Black hawk Single Carriers, and I had just got back my G35 from getting the slide engraved from LWRC. PS They do a AWESOME job engraving through tennifer on a Glock Slide. They Only charge $40 and use a diamond scratch.

The three of us shot together in the first relay, and I ended up beating the Match director by .34 of a second in overall time. He shot a 48.78 and I shot a 48.34, the other guy shot a 52.???. I know there is one more shooter who is also a Master class shooter who I hadn't seen shot yet, but he also hadn't shown up by 830 so he maay not have shot. However, he usually shoots CDP vs I'm shooting SSP.

Any way this was a total shock to me and I'm on cloud 9 right now.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    congrats.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

JD
    Administrator
    Cool Beans, hope you take it!

Nice shooting.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Congrats! How many competitors, total?

I shot my first IPSC match a few weeks ago, using my duty weapon, ammo, and gear. I'm a decent shot, but certainly nothing on the par of some of the real master marksmen out there. With my moderate abilities and duty gear, I finished slightly ahead of the middle-of-the-pack of about 50 shooters... I think it's going to be a loooooooooong time before I win something like this (especially since I refuse to change equipment), but it was a fun day at the range and I'll definitely be back for more.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Congrats!!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Congrats! How many competitors, total?

I shot my first IPSC match a few weeks ago, using my duty weapon, ammo, and gear. I'm a decent shot, but certainly nothing on the par of some of the real master marksmen out there. With my moderate abilities and duty gear, I finished slightly ahead of the middle-of-the-pack of about 50 shooters... I think it's going to be a loooooooooong time before I win something like this (especially since I refuse to change equipment), but it was a fun day at the range and I'll definitely be back for more.

Whats funny I think I heard this maybe I dreamed it. If your a COP/Military you can shoot an IDPA match with your "DUTY" gear, as long as your wearing it all, and compete in another class. I never see anybody doing it, but it still would be cool to try and provoke some of the other people in the business to shoot with you.

http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/idpa/101007.htm

about 30-35 competitors sometimes

Heres Octobers results Unfortunatly I missed November shoot.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

VIP Member
    I'd like to do IDPA, but IPSC is the only game in town here. It would be fun to shoot the courses in full tac-gear (did I just say that? Man, I'm a glutton for punishment) but I would durn sure be the only one doing that at an IPSC match! Even here, "race" guns and gear rule the roost...

ETA: Looks like you guys have a fairly robust program, must be nice! And congrats again.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I'd like to do IDPA, but IPSC is the only game in town here. It would be fun to shoot the courses in full tac-gear (did I just say that? Man, I'm a glutton for punishment) but I would durn sure be the only one doing that at an IPSC match! Even here, "race" guns and gear rule the roost...

ETA: Looks like you guys have a fairly robust program, must be nice! And congrats again.
    OPFOR,
    Why don't you start it yourself?

VIP Member
    Congrats...I have a friend shooting in your class, but he is a mid-pack guy IIRC (he's 5-7 pts behind you in Oct). I expect I'll get an email from him today with the standings for December. Keeps trying to get me out for this, but bad timing so far.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Hey a big Congrats.
    Nice Shooting!...Must have been the engraving making the Glock slide a tiny bit lighter...your pistol was cycling faster.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Oh man! I didn't know BRA ran IDPA matches!!!! Anything coming up in the next couple weeks? I'll be back in Fairfax from the 20th to the 5th!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Oh man! I didn't know BRA ran IDPA matches!!!! Anything coming up in the next couple weeks? I'll be back in Fairfax from the 20th to the 5th!
    No I don't think so we do them the 2nd wed of the month. It used to be BRA, Shooters, NRA, and there's apparently some place up in annapolis that every body goes to.

Links