March Class In Point Shooting/WW2 Combatives

This is a discussion on March Class In Point Shooting/WW2 Combatives within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On March 8th and 9th, 7677 and myself will be co teaching a two day class on close range point shooting and WW2 combatives at ...

Thread: March Class In Point Shooting/WW2 Combatives

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar

On March 8th and 9th, 7677 and myself will be co teaching a two day class on close range point shooting and WW2 combatives at The Warrior Forge in northern VA.
    Details can be found here
    http://www.teamruthless.com/ruthlessevents.html

Here is a course description.

COMBAT SHOOTING &
    HAND TO HAND COMBAT
    SEMINAR

One March 8th and 9th we will be teaching a seminar on the core elements of point shooting with hand and long guns as well as the simple techniques of WW2 Commando/Marine Raider hand to hand combat.

Topics to be covered include one and two handed point shooting, shooting while moving in all directions, pivot shots, angle shots, engaging multiples, rapid combat draw stroke, shooting through the draw stroke, extreme close range shooting along with a series of dynamic drills to reinforce the methods.

The long gun portion will teach various ways of fighting with the rifle/shotgun from distances of 0-7 yards---where a vast majority of long gun encounters actually occur.

Our unarmed combat will include the major blows----axe hand, chin jab, Tiger’s claw, basic kicks, elbows---along with applications such as countering common holds, some simple ground defense, weapon retention/disarming and knife offense/defense.

We will also include substation use of Airsoft so as to test the application of these skills in FOF situations.

Students should bring a handgun with 400 rounds of ammo, a semi automatic rifle in any caliber (even a .22 is OK) with 400 rounds,
    Knee pads, groin protector and, if available, Airsoft gun and safety gear.
    Instructors will be Matt Temkin and 7677.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    On March 8th and 9th, 7677 and myself will be co teaching a two day class on close range point shooting and WW2 combatives at The Warrior Forge in northern VA.
    Details can be found here
    http://www.teamruthless.com/ruthlessevents.html

Here is a course description.

COMBAT SHOOTING &
    HAND TO HAND COMBAT
    SEMINAR

One March 8th and 9th we will be teaching a seminar on the core elements of point shooting with hand and long guns as well as the simple techniques of WW2 Commando/Marine Raider hand to hand combat.

Topics to be covered include one and two handed point shooting, shooting while moving in all directions, pivot shots, angle shots, engaging multiples, rapid combat draw stroke, shooting through the draw stroke, extreme close range shooting along with a series of dynamic drills to reinforce the methods.

The long gun portion will teach various ways of fighting with the rifle/shotgun from distances of 0-7 yards---where a vast majority of long gun encounters actually occur.

Our unarmed combat will include the major blows----axe hand, chin jab, Tigerís claw, basic kicks, elbows---along with applications such as countering common holds, some simple ground defense, weapon retention/disarming and knife offense/defense.

We will also include substation use of Airsoft so as to test the application of these skills in FOF situations.

Students should bring a handgun with 400 rounds of ammo, a semi automatic rifle in any caliber (even a .22 is OK) with 400 rounds,
    Knee pads, groin protector and, if available, Airsoft gun and safety gear.
    Instructors will be Matt Temkin and 7677.
    I could not possibly give this course a higher recommendation. I have had the distinct pleasure of training with Matt and 7677 before. I no longer look at armed or unarmed confrontation in the same light.....my world changed dramatically from that point forward.

For those that do not know about "Warrior Forge" yet. This is going to be one of the top combatives training facilities in the nation very soon.

Sponsor
    I co-instructed with 7677and Matt back in Oct "05" when the 3 of us put together the "Sightless in Tucson" event, and co-instructed again with 7677 in the Philly area later the next year. Both are very well versed in their respective areas.

Anyone who can attend this event will walk away with some serious fighting skills here.

Good luck to both of you Matt. Have a safe holiday season.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Thanks, gents, for the kind words.
    Best of luck with your programs in the coming year.
    We have all come a long way since the old GT days, that's for sure.
    Merry Christmas to all.

I can also recommend Matt VERY highly as an instructor. I've been a student in one of his classes, and you WILL learn from it!
    Any chance of doing this class on THIS side of the country, Matt?
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I can also recommend Matt VERY highly as an instructor. I've been a student in one of his classes, and you WILL learn from it!
    Any chance of doing this class on THIS side of the country, Matt?
    I sure hope so.
    7677 and myself are looking for sponsors throughout the country.
    Hopefully we are looking to do about one class a month, but time will tell.
    PS..thanks for the nice words.

Links