Kentucky Defensive Pistol Courses?

This is a discussion on Kentucky Defensive Pistol Courses? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all! I live in northern Kentucky and was wondering if anyone knew of any really good training courses around here. Not a guy that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Defensive Pistol Courses?

Kentucky Defensive Pistol Courses?

Hey all! I live in northern Kentucky and was wondering if anyone knew of any really good training courses around here. Not a guy that does it as a second job on the weekends but a top notch instructor. I've had my concealed weapons permit for years but looking to get some more advanced training. Boy, how I wish a place like Thunder Ranch was closer to me. Thanks!!!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

2. Remove Ads

Tactical Response

Allen,

James Yeager is in Tenn. But maybe not too far?

Check Them Out!

http://www.tacticalresponse.com

Tom Perroni
    www.perronitactical.com
    www.goldensealenterprises.com
    Last edited by DCJS Instructor; January 9th, 2008 at 03:01 AM.

In south central Ohio (Adams Co.), about 90 miles east of Cincinnati there is Tactical Defense Institute. www.tdiohio.com is their website. Take a look, it'll tell you just about everything you need to know.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    In south central Ohio (Adams Co.), about 90 miles east of Cincinnati there is Tactical Defense Institute. www.tdiohio.com is their website. Take a look, it'll tell you just about everything you need to know.
    I'll second that... top notch staff and all around good guys.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I took the Adv PI class last year and really liked it:
    http://www.bgslinc.com/modules.php?n...ng%202008.html

You'll need 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    I just went there in Nov, and WOW is all I can say.. they are amazing... Plan on going back once or twice a year now... Top Notch!!!!!
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Thanks for all the great info. people! That's just the stuff I was looking for. Have some reading to do now.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Hi, I'm in Northern KY as well. I'm looking to set up a class with LMS Defense (LMS Defense) as soon as I can locate a suitable range. I'll let you know when it happens. If you know of a good range, shoot me a PM.

Hello, I also live in Northern Kentucky and frequently stop at a gun shop in my vicinity. It is called Shooters Supply. I had a gentleman who works there tell me that they host a class at Knob Creek range near Fort Knox the 2nd Saturday of every month. They run through different scenarios you could encounter in everyday life. You might want to give them a call to see when they are doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptojunkie View Post
    Hi, I'm in Northern KY as well. I'm looking to set up a class with LMS Defense (LMS Defense) as soon as I can locate a suitable range. I'll let you know when it happens. If you know of a good range, shoot me a PM.
    Looks like there are a few folks in N. KY looking for some training. Let me know if you find a good range and we can set up a class.
    Tony Siciliano
    Senior Instructor
    LMS Defense - East Coast
    tonysiciliano@lmsdefense.com
    www.lmsdefense.com
    Join us on the LMSD Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Hello, I also live in Northern Kentucky and frequently stop at a gun shop in my vicinity. It is called Shooters Supply. I had a gentleman who works there tell me that they host a class at Knob Creek range near Fort Knox the 2nd Saturday of every month. They run through different scenarios you could encounter in everyday life. You might want to give them a call to see when they are doing it now.

hey how do you like the range.. I work there and am wondering how others feel about it, next time anyone goes let me know and I will meet up with ya if im working
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Shooter's Supply in Louisville? I'm not a big fan of them but Knob Creek is great and much closer than you would think. If you are ever around Lexington Bluegrass Sportsmans Leauge and Bud's Gun Shop is where you need to go

Quote Originally Posted by gicts View Post
    Shooter's Supply in Louisville? I'm not a big fan of them but Knob Creek is great and much closer than you would think. If you are ever around Lexington Bluegrass Sportsmans Leauge and Bud's Gun Shop is where you need to go
    no shooters supply in alexandria off of K17 or 3L however you wanna say it

Allen,

Depending on where you are in NKY, you might want to check out Woodhill Training (Woodhill Training) over in Miami Township, Hamco. They have been highly recommended.

Hope this helps!
    Steve

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    hey how do you like the range.. I work there and am wondering how others feel about it, next time anyone goes let me know and I will meet up with ya if im working
    You work there hunh? Wish I would have known. I was there last Sat throwing some rounds down range.

I love KC, but it is a bit of a drive for me. I am in the Crestwood area. We have a really nice indoor range out here, but there are HIGH. I won't shoot there due to the prices. I will go finger their toys though.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links