Integrated Threat Focused Training - Flagstaff, Az - Page 6

Integrated Threat Focused Training - Flagstaff, Az

This is a discussion on Integrated Threat Focused Training - Flagstaff, Az within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TacticalCompact and your wife; SixBravo, Thank you for attending the ITFTS training this weekend. I enjoyed meeting and training with everyone there. Looking forward to ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Integrated Threat Focused Training - Flagstaff, Az

Sponsor
    TacticalCompact and your wife;
    SixBravo,

Thank you for attending the ITFTS training this weekend. I enjoyed meeting and training with everyone there. Looking forward to more of the same down the road one day.

Thanks again. Without people like yourself, ITFTS training would not exist.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Yes, what a great time and some extremely valuable street-level skills we obtained from Brownie this last weekend in Flagstaff. I can now honestly say that I can put three rounds from my P40 into a 1" group to the head of a TQ15 target at about 6 feet, FROM THE HIP.

Wow. I'll just say here for now that these skills are as Brownie says they are: natural. The P40 is not a gun to run like this, but using a Glock .40 I was amazed at how easily I could run and gun, keeping shots on target and fast as well.

Anyhow, Thanks for the great time everyone, Brownie and Mike especially for letting me borrow his Glock. Look for my post at the ITFTS forum soon.

Sponsor
    I can now honestly say that I can put three rounds from my P40 into a 1" group to the head of a TQ15 target at about 6 feet, FROM THE HIP.

TC---your three rds made that small a group, we saw it and no question you are capable of gettin er done.

What should be clarified relative your statement above is that it wasn't three successive shots on one string of fire [ which could be mistaken for pure luck and perhaps not repeatable but rather it was three seperate runs of one or two rds to the body from the hip in the Elbow Up/Elbow Down [ EU/ED ] position from the draw, then bumping that one shot to the head without moving the gun from your side [ proving it is repeatable and therefore reliable once you understand the "how" with this skill ]. Very impressive shooting as that 1" group of three shots were also literally dead center at the bridge of the BG's nose.

You ran that P40 very well for the gun it is. Nothing lacking in the skills with that gun at all. You found the full size guns easier to shoot well, and that pretty much holds true for everyone. That G22 is Mikes duty gun, he doesn't loan it to anyone. When I later asked him why he offered you the use of it, he told me he wasn't worried about the gun in your hands after seeing you shoot the P40

Glad you and the Mrs. feel you came away with some valuable/useable street skills using a firearm, and enjoyed yourselves to boot while stepping through the various doors of knowledge offered in this course.

Looking forward to your AAR here as well as my own site. I appreciate both of you making the effort to attend last weekend as well.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr;743292What should be clarified relative your statement above is that it wasn't three successive shots on one string of fire [ which could be mistaken for pure luck and perhaps not repeatable but rather it was [U
    three seperate runs [/U]of one or two rds to the body from the hip in the Elbow Up/Elbow Down [ EU/ED ] position from the draw, then bumping that one shot to the head without moving the gun from your side [ proving it is repeatable and therefore reliable once you understand the "how" with this skill ]. Very impressive shooting as that 1" group of three shots were also literally dead center at the bridge of the BG's nose.
    Yes, I was quite impressed (and surprised) myself. Shooting from the hip, firing one shot COM then bumping a shot to the head, three times, with the three head shots making a single large hole right in the center of the BG's face was eye-opening.

I was also a little quizzical as to why Mike would let me borrow his duty-gun. I'm glad to hear he felt safe after watching me shoot, and I can't tell you how much I appreciated it. It was nice to be able to keep shooting, and especially nice to try out the G22 and G27!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links