Defensive Carry banner

Integrated Threat Focused Training - Flagstaff, Az

7K views 78 replies 14 participants last post by  TacticalCompact 
#1 · (Edited)
Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems is coming to Flagstaff Arizona

Dates: May 31 and June 1, 2008
Cost: $400 for two days of training (9AM-5AM)
Ammo: 2000 rounds of pistol ammo

Equipment:
Standard range and safety equipment
Belt or IWB Holster – you will be drawing from the holster much of the time
Concealment Garment
Water
Optional: Bring your lunch – however, a standard array of restaurants are reasonably close

Hotels/motels are also reasonably close

If you are interested in this training, contact me at arizonaqkr "at" yahoo dot com. We are taking deposits of $100.00 to secure slots for this class.

This link will take you to reviews from past students across the country to give you an idea of the skills you'll learn that weekend.
Training Thoughts - Threat Focused Forums

Brownie

See less See more
#8 ·
I'll be there.......here:hand5:

#10 ·
We are getting closer to training time! This is a great opportunity to get some very valuable training. Come on up the hill and join in the fun!:image035:

#11 ·
Okay, I missed the last one and ended up kicking myself in the butt for it. I will *not* be missing this one. I will however need a few weeks to get the cash situation rectified. I'm not really keen on driving back to Prescott and then back to Flag. Any suggestions on cheap motels near the site?

#12 ·
Brownie...
Noticed on your other forum most guys were shooting hi-caps. Does a 1911 fit in with your program? I've got a torn ACL, but get around pretty well. How physical is the movement portions of the training? Hard pivots and much running ruins my day. Your course sounds very interesting, and it's close!
Tracy

#13 ·
AZ,

1911's are fine in the classes. Bringing enough mags is important as we do a fair amount of shooting every day.

I'd think the training would be within your limits safely if you get around pretty well. Each student works at their own pace based on their physical abilities [ speed is relative ]. You'd still pick up the skills even if taking it a little slower to prevent further damage.

Last class I put on for a PD in Fla which was just the movement portion, I had to wear a knee brace myself due to an injury, but not as bad as that ACL of yours.

Hope that gets better for you, and that you can make this one in Flagstaff. If you have any other questions, please feel free to connect here through PM or email.

SilenceDoGood, SixBravo

Looking forward to it.

Brownie

#15 ·
scratchy wilson,

I have to ask-where do you plan on shooting?

An open pit near 5 miles from the center of town. Have used this location twice already. Restaurants, etc are close when we break for lunch.

Any sort of 'pre-requisites' needed?

An open mind, plenty of ammo, plenty of mags and eye and ear protection. This course has been presented to new shooters alongside seasoned military veterans just back from Iraq.

No one is left behind, and everyone will be "good to go" on the skills we employ in the course at the end of the weekend. Hope you can make it, you won't be disappointed in the knowledge and skills you'll acquire in a short period of time.

flagflyfish will probably respond if he sees this as well. For a review of this course from an operator with the US Pathfinders who recently retired, go to this link:

Real World Training - Threat Focused Forums

For more after action reviews from students, you can search here on this site or go here to read others thoughts after attending the course.

Training Thoughts - Threat Focused Forums

Thanks for your questions and interest in this course. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me here via email or pm in the future.

Brownie

#16 ·
Can we pay that day in cash? I'm just trying to budget all my stuff and to make it fit (just about to purchase xd9 and holster and belt and all that great stuff)... well its gonna be tight but doable.

#18 ·
Hi all!.. It looks like this class is gonna be a fun one!!

Scratchy, we will be shooting at the Winona Pit (the lower one), there is plenty of room for all, but we don't have to worry about anyone else being in the pit with us. I think that the Practical Pistol club here meets out there on the first Saturday of the month, but I will talk to Ruben over at the Ammo Place and find out.

Az Husker; I have taken the last 2 classes with my 1911. It would be great if you showed up to train with us, so that I don't have to be the only one with a 1911 on the range!

Silence; I hope that you can get everything in a row to be able to attend, the skills imparted by Brownie are indespensible in a self-defence situation.

Sixbravo; I really do hope that you can come up this time, It would be good to get to know other fellow shooters in the area.

There are reasonable hotels in the area and of course lots of areas to camp if you are so inclined. the road into the pit is in good shape so no problem to get a car in there.

Hope to see you all there, and Tracy take care of your injury!!
Rex:wave:

#21 ·
SelfDefense,

Good to hear from you again. Refresher course for you this time around if you can make the dates?:wave:

PM me if you are interested, we'll work something out for you.

BTW- For those attending or thinking of signing on for this course, I'll be bringing the steel plates along as well as the target stands so we can ring steel as well as paper targets in this class.

Brownie

#22 ·
Word has it that Brownie is going to train with his 1911 this time.... The one with no sights / smooth top slide:hand10:

#23 ·
Word has it that Brownie is going to train with his 1911 this time.... The one with no sights / smooth top slide

Here's the 45 trainer I'll be using for the Flagstaff class Rex.:gah:

Brownie

Attachments

#25 ·
Don't reload...hmmm, 2000 rounds
Cheap Wally World White Box=$30/100 rounds x 20 boxes = $600 in ammo!
I don't know if I can even load 2000 rounds into 1911 mags in two days...when do we shoot?:tumbleweed:

#26 ·
AZ,

Plan on 12-1300 rds for the single stacks, the double stacks with plenty of mags will get through 2k. I've had two 1911 shooters who brought plenty of mags and they stayed with the double stacks for the most part.

I don't know if I can even load 2000 rounds into 1911 mags in two days

"Load Thumb" is quite common with the attendants in the course:wink:

Brownie

#27 ·
I'll be making it, i got a G17 today (for a reasonable price) at the gun show and my neighbor bought me my CCW class for my b-day, and he is taking it with me on 4/12 at Ben Avery. I'll see if i can't get him to sign up for the QK class as well :image035: (point in case i had more money left in the budget than expected) see ya there!

#30 ·
Okay, sweet. I was going to ask about camping. I'll just ruck myself up there, then. No sense wasting money I don't need to, right? haha Where can I camp that is close by? Not keen on just planting myself on someone's property.

This road.. I've got a lowered car. I'm assuming it shouldn't be too much of a problem? I really don't want to hump 1300 rounds of .40 in my backpack with a tent and other junk. haha

I'm really looking forward to this class. A lot. Man thats more ammo in one day than I went through in a week at Gunsite! Hell yeah!!

#34 ·
Hey Six, I will send you a PM on camping etc.....

#31 ·
TacticalCompact,

I replied to your pm this morning. Looking forward to meeting you in Flagstaff.

SixBravo,

If you want to camp it, I believe flagflyfish can accomodate you in this regard. As soon as he sees this he'll probably come in and confirm this for you. If the vehicle won't make it in due to the low riding, there will be plenty of vehicles to get you into the range and back.

Brownie

#33 · (Edited)
QKShooter,

Is that a NoShowNoGlow front and a NoBoMar rear on that pistol slide

Exactly sir, they are really hard to find as well:gah:

Notice the clean lines of the non-existant dovetail cuts on the slide?

Brownie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.