Denver, Co. any advanced training

This is a discussion on Denver, Co. any advanced training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does any one know of any advanced training in the Denver Metro area. Looking for situation and low to no light training with out haveing ...

Thread: Denver, Co. any advanced training

Does any one know of any advanced training in the Denver Metro area. Looking for situation and low to no light training with out haveing to travel out of state..or any good ranges outside that have moving target's etc like we see on the Tv shows...
    I have talked to a lot of gunshops but no one knows of anything around this area.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

VALHALLA in Montrose,Colorado

I believe it's about a 100 miles from Denver ? They have a website and every shooting senario you can think of .

I have trained with Mike. He knows his stuff.

Raven Company
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Gunsmoke... Gunsmithing, Sales, Firearms Training, Accessories, Safaris.

Purchased from them before. Rich, owner, is a nice guy. Ex-cop & seems to know his stuff about weapons (which is a nice change compared to other places I've been in). I was signed up for their advanced/combat pistol but had to cancel due to work.

But, I'd just go Valhalla, get a membership while your at it I'm not sure if I want to know how much that would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    VALHALLA in Montrose,Colorado
    Not anymore. Valhalla has gone back to being a shooting club for Elk Mountain Resort guests.

Rob has started his own training company - ICE Training
    Deputy Director of Training
    LMSDefense
    www.lmsdefense.com
    troyprice@lmsdefense.com

It is not the ability to master the extraordinary that makes a warrior special; what makes a warrior special is the ability to master the basics extraordinarily well. - (author unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock35 View Post
    Gunsmoke... Gunsmithing, Sales, Firearms Training, Accessories, Safaris.

Purchased from them before. Rich, owner, is a nice guy. Ex-cop & seems to know his stuff about weapons (which is a nice change compared to other places I've been in). I was signed up for their advanced/combat pistol but had to cancel due to work.

But, I'd just go Valhalla, get a membership while your at it I'm not sure if I want to know how much that would cost.
    I am going to try to refrain from getting out of hand on this one...

I made the mistake of taking the CC course through his shop. I have known him for 15+ years and he is still a **** that is a bit full of himself, and his advanced class is overpriced.

Do a Google search on Firearms training, Denver Co, and you will find several good ones including Suarez, Krav Magna, and others.

I have a customer that knows a firearms instructor that teaches in Aurora that I am trying to get a "Special" class set up with. I will post when I get more info.

Also, if one can get a location, ITC Realistic and Practical Firearms Training
    , will come to you to teach a class, and I would be interested in signing up for that (I don't know of any locations, or have time to research for one.)
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

That's sad to hear about Valhalla. Like you said, maybe we can get some people to come here.

ITC pretty much wants to rent a range as a host. Tough proposition.

You might want to check out Tactical Skills Institute.

Tactical Handgun: This 2-day course is designed for police officers, but is also open to the legally armed citizen. Special reactive metal targets are used extensively, in addition to a "running man" target that moves back and forth. 400 rounds are fired and there is a night range segment following the first day.
    I took my basic handgun course with Jim Torrez and would recommend him to anyone looking for training.

This tactical institute sounds real promising.
    I myself have taken the basic nra and advanced pistol 1 from The Firing line in Aurora but they are limited in the advanced training.
    I do have the concelled permit and even tho I am almost 60 years old I would like to pursue some more training just for my own peace of mind. It would be nice if there was something in the Denver metro area but if there is no one seems to know about it...Greeley is just an hour drive from Thornton and this might be a good place to definatly check out.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

88m
    Not anymore. Valhalla has gone back to being a shooting club for Elk Mountain Resort guests.
    Yup and good luck getting into that place. A real up tight bunch up there now. It's to bad cause Valhalla didn't use to be like that.

Though they have been advertising for a range tech lately... I have thought about applying but na I don't do very well with the upper crust types.
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

There are two instructors I would recommend in Denver (I lived there until August).

Centennial Defense Academy with a website at Centennial Defense Academy

I know the owner personally and wish I'd had the appropriate timing to take lessons from him.

I did take lessons with On Target firearms training. The instructor is very good and has a private range with a shoot house set up for AirSoft Force on Force work.
    On Target Firearms Training - Basic to Advanced training for civilians

If I still lived in the Denver area I'd be trying to get more training from either or both of them.

Yes, it's true that the building that is Valhalla is now a private shooting club, per its original design. Two of my staff are still there to provide training to Members and resort guests while they are also working for me as instructors under I.C.E.....

I was just in the Denver area looking at some options for running courses on the front range, but nothing is set at this time.

If I.C.E. can be of any service, let us know!

Looking for good training is the first and most important step!

-RJP

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
    Yes, it's true that the building that is Valhalla is now a private shooting club, per its original design. Two of my staff are still there to provide training to Members and resort guests while they are also working for me as instructors under I.C.E.....

I was just in the Denver area looking at some options for running courses on the front range, but nothing is set at this time.

If I.C.E. can be of any service, let us know!

Looking for good training is the first and most important step!

-RJP
    I am retired and live in the Denver area and would love to see a shooting range that could give us full service as they say in training etc. If you need any one with free time and willing to help get involved
    here in Denver please contact me...
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Sponsored Links