Took my CCW Course Today!

This is a discussion on Took my CCW Course Today! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Woohoo! I just finished my CCW course about an hour ago. It was fun and even somewhat informative. Because I've been hanging out here for ...

Thread: Took my CCW Course Today!

Woohoo! I just finished my CCW course about an hour ago. It was fun and even somewhat informative. Because I've been hanging out here for awhile, I'd already heard most of what the instructor said. Thanks everybody for helping me to look smart!

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Senior Moderator
    Congrats!

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Now get that paperwork in the mail...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks everybody for helping me to look smart!
    LOL!
    Glad you got-er-done! My class was on a Saturday too. Did you get some free range time? Good luck with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Did you get some free range time?
    Yeah, sure did. 5 whole rounds worth!

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast

Senior Moderator
    Now, get thee a copy of Florida Firearms by Jon Gutmacher. Should be sold with every CWFL class, IMHO.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Five rounds fired? And out of class by 2pm? My class was 8am-4:30pm, 25 rounds on target at three distances with 10 fired weak hand, 10 two hand, and five single hand. I got to shoot the rest of my 50 round box while the remaining folks qualified. I do know the owner of the range though, and I continue to go there to practice. He won't bat an eye when it comes to signing my renewal (for the second time) because of that. He could insist on me re-shooting my target for 'proficiency'. I'm actually thankful for having an instructor that's been serious about things. Might I inquire as to how much the mandatory course cost you? Mine was $85 I believe, then the $125 (non-refundable) application fee. I realize that nothing should stand in the way (in reality) of an upstanding citizen obtaining their constitutionally given right including 'costs', or mandated 'obligations'. Let's just say I'm doing a little bit of research for my own purposes. Thanks--I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Five rounds fired? And out of class by 2pm? My class was 8am-4:30pm, 25 rounds on target at three distances with 10 fired weak hand, 10 two hand, and five single hand. I got to shoot the rest of my 50 round box while the remaining folks qualified. I do know the owner of the range though, and I continue to go there to practice. He won't bat an eye when it comes to signing my renewal (for the second time) because of that. He could insist on me re-shooting my target for 'proficiency'. I'm actually thankful for having an instructor that's been serious about things. Might I inquire as to how much the mandatory course cost you? Mine was $85 I believe, then the $125 (non-refundable) application fee. I realize that nothing should stand in the way (in reality) of an upstanding citizen obtaining their constitutionally given right including 'costs', or mandated 'obligations'. Let's just say I'm doing a little bit of research for my own purposes. Thanks--I appreciate it.
    Yeah, class was scheduled from 10 - 1. We went a little long and got done around 2. Almost all of us were prior military, so we didn't have to do the whole "this is the trigger, everyone say 'trigger'" thing...

Additionally, the primary focus of the range time is that you are capable of firing the weapon and doing it SAFELY. Basically, the instructor said to clear the weapon, keep it pointed down range and not to shoot him or the ceiling, then clear it again.

The course itself was $63, the license fee $75, and the processing fee $39, if I remember correctly. So, adding in the notary stuff (which I get for free) $200 could conceivably be a barrier for someone not as fabulously wealthy as I am.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by agentmel View Post
    Woohoo! I just finished my CCW course about an hour ago. It was fun and even somewhat informative. Because I've been hanging out here for awhile, I'd already heard most of what the instructor said. Thanks everybody for helping me to look smart!

Mel
    That's my boy!

(Got a gun yet?)
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Find out who does the electronic fingerprints in SRQ. It won't take as long to get your CWL back. SCSO most likely does. Maybe SPD.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Excellent.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sponsored Links