Never Say Never

Never Say Never

This is a discussion on Never Say Never within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife took a CCW class a couple of weeks ago. After a few hours is the classroom the group went to the range. In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Say Never

Never Say Never

The wife took a CCW class a couple of weeks ago. After a few hours is the classroom the group went to the range. In addition to the instructors they had some club members helping on the range to give some more one on one help to any students thet may need it. There was about two students for each instructor/member. So as I was told the class took there guns and other equiptment out and put them on the tables at the shooting stations. The member "helping" my wife looked at my S/A 1911 .45 she had on the table and told her "You are NEVER going to be able qualify with that, you will get to tired shooting during practice". What a moron. He has never seen her shoot. He was supposed to be there to help, not be an *****.
    Anyway she thanked him for the encouragement and shot the course. She shot better than about half the men in the class, some with .22s. At the end of the range session she qualified on the first try. She packed up the range bag while half the class reshot to qualify. Some people should just keep there mouths shut and never, never, assume. The same people should not be teaching or helping with a CCW class.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

What a maroon! :chairshot :chairshot I bet you're proud of your wife!

Senior Moderator
    First, congrats on your wife qualifying!

Then, her "helper", I'm kinda speechless - where do these people come from and what a thing to say?????

Heh. Reminds me of the instructors who say things like J Frames are not a viable choice for CCW, or the 1911 gun centric handling that seems too prevalent.

"Now turn off your safety."

-Do nothing-

"Turn off your safety. Are you deaf?"

"This gun doesn't have an external safety."

Sheesh. But most of these folks are good sorts who really believe in what they're doing. It'd be kind of fun to do as a volunteer for complete newcomers, kids, the elderly, etc.

VIP Member
    Points for the wife for staying classy cool.

Condescending instructor. It never fails that something similar happens to me at the gun shows.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

That is pretty bad treatment for anyone, your wife had the presence of mind that I am good and screw you. I for one and happy she did well under not ideal coaching if you can call it that. Ticks me off!!
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

congrats to your wife

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    congrats to the Mrs.
    seems like men think wemen don't know much about guns just like wemen think men don't know much about cleaning (we just pretend to be dumb)

Administrator

That was totally classy!

Actually, most females naturally point better than most males. Women be good shooters. Any females in decently good shape can handle a .45 or a full size...full weight weapon as well as anybody.

Assistant Administrator
    Brian - when I am teaching I will always but always - reserve judgement on the student's chosen platform. This case of your wife was a classic example - and the doofus with her should have not jumped to any conclusions!

Last lady I had was using a Lady Smith and - I soon determined it was not ideal - for her. We did tho press on and even with her problems, she did improve and was thankful for having some help.

Kudos to your lady wife Brian
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

When I first got married (17 years ago) I naturally taught my wife to shoot. Matter of fact, when we first started dating, our first date was to church, the second...to the range. If she hadn't been on board with my passions it was gonna be SeeeeeeeeYA! Done it before.

So I taught her right. But I sent her to another class for credentials since I didn't want there to be an appearance of conflict of interest with the same names on the certificate.

She gets into a local class at an indoor range and it's full of housewives. So the instructor has everybody show what firearms they'll be using after making sure they've been properly cleared, on the front table. So it's this long line of: 22's, 25's 32's .380's and at the very end of the table...my wife's .357 magnum and HER 45! The guys giving the class sorta squinted at her sideways. So the class proceeds and day comes to go to the range (right there in the shop) and live fire. So...the instructor walks down the line and the shots are pretty well scattered all over the paper and maybe mostly OFF. But he gets to my wife and she's in the 9 and 10 ring dead center with a group about the size of a human fist. With a 45. More looks.
    Q: Where'd you learn to shoot, ma'am?
    A: My husband is an NRA Instructor and a former Army Officer. HE taught me.
    Statement: Well, he done good. Frankly we don't need this kind of business competition. You can leave. Here's your certificate.
    I howled when I heard it.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    It's great to hear when the spouses and "significant others" take up shooting, especially for self defense purposes.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Hey Brian,

Glad your wife was able to ignore the foolishness. I also send kudos to her shooting skill. We need more women shooters our there.

My wife was top shooter in her class. If she has time to aim she is extremly accurate. Her "row to hoe" is speed shooting and rapid presentation and double taps. We are working on this. She sometimes drop her shots into the crotch region if rushed too much.

I guess a BG would not be doing much after a DT in the crotch but we are working our way to rapid COM shots.
    Shoot well and be safe

-Don

"The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Hi Brian,
    Please give your bride an "atta girl" for me. I'm glad that she was able to overcome the knuckle-dragger/knuckle-head "instructor".

Mrs .45 did really well and kept her cool, then shot well. I just really wish she would keep that cool with me when I say or do something stupid.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links