Old Fort Shootout

Old Fort Shootout

This is a discussion on Old Fort Shootout within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What an unbelievable day today In Ft Smith, Arkansas at the Old Fort Gun Club's annual USPSA shootout! 08:30-15:00. Seven stages, average 32 rounds per ...

Thread: Old Fort Shootout

Old Fort Shootout

What an unbelievable day today In Ft Smith, Arkansas at the Old Fort Gun Club's annual USPSA shootout! 08:30-15:00. Seven stages, average 32 rounds per stage. One word----AWESOME! My first time shooting this venue. I think this used to be termed 'practical pistol'? I did well on the stand alone targets, but the steel plates ate my lunch, and I wasn't the only one in that respect. My score likely won't be posted until next week, but you know what---I don't really care how I rank, because I got more out of today's shoot than I'd ever look forward to with paid training. Really. The weather was awesome, the people were awesome--the lunch was even better. My adrenaline was still pumping into the second stage as I had a re-shoot do to one of the poppers not functioning when the steel target went down. Expended a bit over 250 rounds of 9mm through my G17 today, and the pistol and mags performed flawlessly. I wish I could have done the same, but I'm a better person/better CCW citizen just for the experience. I'm hooked! It's going to cost me in ammo, but I need to do this every opportunity now. For a newbie---timed, and reaction scenarios is really furthering my education/training. Reloading is the best test I got out of the whole ordeal. Beautiful day, great people, and I came away with a boat-load of brass! I think I'll be doing this once a month now. The experience really can't be described by me at this time. Tactically--I'm another step up no matter what my score. I look to improve anyway.

Wow! All seven stages were high round count? Sounds like great fun.
    Glad you enjoyed your first USPSA outing.

Dave

Links