Airsoft Guns?

Airsoft Guns?

This is a discussion on Airsoft Guns? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at some airsoft guns, seems like they would be good for practice drills, and fun too. Anyone use them? I have some ...

Thread: Airsoft Guns?

Airsoft Guns?

I was looking at some airsoft guns, seems like they would be good for practice drills, and fun too. Anyone use them? I have some here: Airsoft & Paintball The M-16 looks particularly neat, full auto, it uses re-loadable cartridges, fires 6mm BBs. Has re-loadable mags, blowback, and empty cartridge ejection. Looks really cool. Anybody tried one? OM
    Last edited by OzarksMagic; April 26th, 2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling..........
    Kel Tec P-32 .32
    Grendel P-10 .380

Lead Moderator
    I own several cheap airsoft guns for practice and fun. The M-4 is a fun toy , but little else. It isn't accurate , but does shoot plenty fast in F/A. I have a HK replica I use to practice draws and indoor shooting .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I use them teach my kids safe gun handling. Like rocky said, if you can get one that is a copy of what you actually carry, then it is useful for draw practice.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

i've got a few. actualy play it as a sport. got a 1911 for draw practice its not too bad accurate weight and all just shorter range than real steel.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

I agree that if you can find an airsoft replica of the weapon that you carry, it can be a useful training tool.

I pikced up an airsoft G26 for $7 that I use to practice presentation, sight picture, and trigger control at home. It's a slight bit narrower than the real one, but fits the holster fine.

Thwacks a soda can pretty authoritatively at 5 yds, too.

The good ones that you find at the higher end retailers can be quit useful for force on force training. It is no substitute for actual trigger time. The trigger press and recoil management will not compare. Using it for working on tactics and shoot/don't shoot scenarios is fine. It works as a low cost substitute for actual force on force conversion kits. The gas operated weapons are the way to go. Specifically the KWA brand that have metal slides and parts.
    Rob Edwards
    LMS Defense
    931-209-0855
    www.LMSDefense.com

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar

ww.airsoftgi.com
    thats where i buy all my gear anymore. great prices, best customer service i've encountered yet, and a huge selection. thinking about getting a few more M4 clones through there(echo1 is my usual brand).
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Hey, I'm new to the forums.. I use an Airsoft KWA G19, and it's identical to my real one.. It's gas and a blow back to simulate the real steel. I use for indoor, and training. The weight, etc.. are really similar.. I bought mine from:
    Airsoft Guns SHORTY USA

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have a Tokyo Marui Glock 26 gas blow back pistol. It feels, shoots, and field strips just like the real thing. I use it for practice now that I have the real G26.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Sponsored Links