Pilots Training Video

Pilots Training Video

This is a discussion on Pilots Training Video within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked so i hope its not a repost. LiveLeak.com - Pilots Train For Peril....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilots Training Video

Pilots Training Video

I looked so i hope its not a repost.

LiveLeak.com - Pilots Train For Peril.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Good video. Thanks for posting.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

The Way Things Are

+1, This is the new normal, I don't like it, but the bad guys are not going away!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Welcome to the new "normal." Well spoken.

A good reminder to not prepare for what coulda/woulda/shoulda been, but rather to prepare for what is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Its no longer "if it will happen but When it does happen". Great video.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

If I fly I want him piloting my plane
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My questions is... Who is flying the plane while the pilot is taking out the terrorist?

Maybe the flight attendants should be armed as well...
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Maybe the flight attendants should be armed as well...
    Might make some of those unruly passengers think twice...
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Most commercial airliners once they hit altitude and cruising speed go are set on auto-pilot.Then let's not forget the co-pilot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks for the link!

Now this is just me speaking...

I am a commercial pilot and I spent 20 years in the military as well, 15 of those years was as a UH-60 pilot. I also flew armed. As a pilot I would be more concerned about getting the aircraft on the ground than trying to fight some one off. I would rather have my crew (flight attendant, air marshall) fight off the attacker while I am putting the aircraft on the ground. As we used to say in the Army when in an emergency "Fly the Aircraft."

Thats just me and I am just a helicopter pilot... we are different than those civilian commercial airline pilots so we think differently.
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

I am a commercial pilot and I spent 20 years in the military as well, 15 of those years was as a UH-60 pilot. I also flew armed. As a pilot I would be more concerned about getting the aircraft on the ground than trying to fight some one off. I would rather have my crew (flight attendant, air marshall) fight off the attacker while I am putting the aircraft on the ground. As we used to say in the Army when in an emergency "Fly the Aircraft."

Thats just me and I am just a helicopter pilot... we are different than those civilian commercial airline pilots so we think differently.
    That's what scares the hell out of most of us. If the pilot goes down, who flies the plane?
    The attendants need access to firearms too!
    Certainly, more Air Marshals!

Well I am a commercial pilot as well, after being a Navy Pilot, so from that perspective, I believe that you do think differently. From experience, we now know that it's difficult to put the aircraft on the ground (in one piece) after your throat has been cut. Priority number one is to neutralize the threat. Then you have the option to concentrate fully on flying the aircraft. Not to sound too abrasive, but one of my Navy colleagues was on the first aircraft into the World Trade Center. Getting the aircraft on the ground and then fighting off the attacker didn't work too well for him.

Thanks for the post Cadave
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Quote Originally Posted by cadave View Post
    Well I am a commercial pilot as well, after being a Navy Pilot, so from that perspective, I believe that you do think differently. From experience, we now know that it's difficult to put the aircraft on the ground (in one piece) after your throat has been cut. Priority number one is to neutralize the threat. Then you have the option to concentrate fully on flying the aircraft. Not to sound too abrasive, but one of my Navy colleagues was on the first aircraft into the World Trade Center. Getting the aircraft on the ground and then fighting off the attacker didn't work too well for him.
    With all due respect… that is why I believe that the rest of the flight crew should be armed as well. Why just the pilot? My humble opinion is if the attacker has made it to the flight deck and is banging on the door, he has made it too far. He should have been stopped long before then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links