Beamhit glock modifications - part 2

This is a discussion on Beamhit glock modifications - part 2 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sojourner The acoustics along with the pic of the firing pin (nothing to push out through the channel into the primer) makes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beamhit glock modifications - part 2

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    The acoustics along with the pic of the firing pin (nothing to push out through the channel into the primer) makes sense to me.

If we got parts #'s, would we (the non-LEO among us) be able to purchase them from glock or a distributor?

Thanks!
    What I have from a reputable dealer is that if they have the part #(s) they will order for us- providing Glock doesn't require a departmental requisition.

2. Remove Ads

Randy, if you could do us another favor- if Glock won't give out part #s, would you mic the differences between the stock and R firing pins? OAL, and length from the face of the FP to the trigger interface?

I know I can modify the NY trigger spring and a housing, but I'll need to study on the FP for a bit. If I was able to modify a stock part, a package would be around $45 + shipping (NY trigger spring- $4; trigger housing $8-12; FP about $27)

Edit: one last question- it looks like between 1/8" and 1/4" longer for the R model FP. Is the head (where the FP nose is) longer, or is it the body itself? If the head, I could chuck up an FP, turn it down, and thread a small extension on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    What I have from a reputable dealer is that if they have the part #(s) they will order for us- providing Glock doesn't require a departmental requisition.
    Randy - Please, please get the part #'s or the part #'s and the parts so we can go in on a group buy.

I am heavily salivating at the prospect of using my beamhit system and multiple targets without having to repeatedly cock the glock after every shot.

Rob - Thanks for checking on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Randy, if you could do us another favor- if Glock won't give out part #s, would you mic the differences between the stock and R firing pins? OAL, and length from the face of the FP to the trigger interface?

I know I can modify the NY trigger spring and a housing, but I'll need to study on the FP for a bit. If I was able to modify a stock part, a package would be around $45 + shipping (NY trigger spring- $4; trigger housing $8-12; FP about $27)
    Anyway that gets me to use the beamhit with multiple laser activations has my votes. Rob - if this is the only/optimal way to go, sign me up.

Okay - I hope to answer all of the questions... if I miss something, let me know.

The firing pin spring, connector, and trigger bar are the same as found in the standard models.

I don't have a part number on the firing pin yet. There is a number stamped on the end of the firing pin: 2474.

Here are three firing pins with dimensions. Top: 9mm, middle: 10mm/45acp, bottom: reset model.

TMH with trigger spring installed.

Here's the trigger bar installed in the TMH.

Trigger spring with OAL dimension.

Trigger bar / trigger spring relative position (minus the TMH) right side.

Trigger bar / trigger spring relative position (minus the TMH) left side. Note, I had to prop up the side of the trigger spring to get it into proper position for the picture.

Randy

Randy,

Great pix. Thanx a lot!!!!

I hope someone comes up with a way to gain access to the parts.

fNs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links