Beamhit glock modifications - part 2

This is a discussion on Beamhit glock modifications - part 2 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am making this post with reference to a previous thread regarding beamhit conversions and the glock R model. The original thread has been closed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beamhit glock modifications - part 2

Beamhit glock modifications - part 2

I am making this post with reference to a previous thread regarding beamhit conversions and the glock R model.

The original thread has been closed for some reason. It is at the following link.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...fications.html

I don't know how suitable the R model glocks are for using with the beamhit system but they will provide for an automatic trigger reset.

Here are images of the key components.

Let's start with the firing pins.

The trigger housing has the drop safety removed.

The special trigger spring.

Guys, I hope this helps. If you would like to have any additional images or dimensions, please let me know.

Sorry I've been such a slacker in getting these posted.

Randy

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I am making this post with reference to a previous thread regarding beamhit conversions and the glock R model.

The original thread has been closed for some reason.
    Due to default thread age cut off, if a thread goes "X" amount of time with no posts, it is closed, the last post of the thread listed was sometime in '07, hence it was auto-closed.

Randy - thanks. It still looks like I would have to go somewhere to get the parts. (new firing pin, new trigger spring). Glock won't sell them to me (non-leo). Beamhit will not sell their modification to me alone. I have to send the whole gun into them.

Is there anywhere I can order the parts for the R version (to put into my model 23)?

If not, I think I may have to send the 23 to beamhit for them to do the modification.

This is apropos to me. I am about to pull the trigger on sending my 23 to beamhit. but if I can get the parts cheaper and not send in my 23, i would much rather do that.

Do you have any lead on where I can buy those special R parts?

Again thanks Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Randy - thanks. It still looks like I would have to go somewhere to get the parts. (new firing pin, new trigger spring). Glock won't sell them to me (non-leo).
    Edit: let me check something beforehand...

Does the beamhit system require that the firing pin contact the primer of the 'cartridge'?

Randy

Rob72 - I hope to hear good news from you soon.

Randy - I was told by beamhit that parts would be added (and that I would have my original parts to convert the gun back). And that with their parts it would not be possible to fire the weapon. So, I guess the firing pin wouln not contact the primer.

Randy, do you have the "R" parts part#'s available, from the Glock manual? If so, I may have a source. Please let me know. Post, PM or email. Thanks!

A few thoughts: a group-buy may be the way to go, assuming the dealer can access the R parts. I can't see it being more than $20/ea, unless they're going regular rate on the FP. The trigger spring could certainly be mod'ed to something closer to stock, with a little help from Wolff. If we can indeed get these, I'll get the spring taken care of, assuming its someting others would be interested in...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Randy, do you have the "R" parts part#'s available, from the Glock manual? If so, I may have a source. Please let me know. Post, PM or email. Thanks!

A few thoughts: a group-buy may be the way to go, assuming the dealer can access the R parts. I can't see it being more than $20/ea, unless they're going regular rate on the FP. The trigger spring could certainly be mod'ed to something closer to stock, with a little help from Wolff. If we can indeed get these, I'll get the spring taken care of, assuming its someting others would be interested in...
    SO count me in on this!!!!!

My dryfire practice with the beamhit is only one shot at a time before resetting the pistol. Being able to actuate the beamhit laser without racking the slide any length would be invaluable for me!!!

I should add to my last post on the originally referenced closed thread.

The airsoft, as is, is not viable. When the slide reciprocates it "wiggles" and the in-barrel laser actuates and makes a laser streak across the target (not a small pinpoint dot). So I could aim 6 - 8 " low and still actuate the beamhit target because I have painted a long swath of red laser on the target (and not a dot).

If the airsoft would work, i would never be pursuing the glock mod option.

I still don't know how other beamhit customers were able to set up their airsoft guns to correctly actuate the laser (displaying only a red dot on target while airsoft gun is shot).

Edited to add: Maybe I will call beamhit this week and see if they can give me any recommendations on fixing the airsoft issue. Even so, I would like to be in on the group buy for the glock mod.

According to the patent on this device, it registers the firing of the handgun acoustically. Nothing should have to contact the "primer".

Randy

I don't have any part numbers. I could call the factory and see what they will tell me. The pistol was purchased directly from them.

Randy

The acoustics along with the pic of the firing pin (nothing to push out through the channel into the primer) makes sense to me.

If we got parts #'s, would we (the non-LEO among us) be able to purchase them from glock or a distributor?

Thanks!

New Member Array jorgesanchez36's Avatar
    Thank you Randy for posting these pictures. If there is any way you can purchase the parts, I'll be glad to buy a set from you.

The Glock 17R does work well with the Beamhit system. In fact, I bought my Beamhit system after trying one at a GSSF match in Georgia - Glock Inc. hosted a side match for prizes using the red gun and beamhit system - it worked very well.

I would also buy a set.

Randy,

Could we get a length on the R Model Firing pin and the trigger spring? Are there any mods to the trigger connector or the trigger bar?

Could we also see a picture of the entire unit assembled with the trigger bar as it would be ready to drop into the frame?

I really appreciate your help and taking the time to post the pix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links