Be your wife's bodyguard - Page 3

Be your wife's bodyguard

This is a discussion on Be your wife's bodyguard within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rob72 Sure they weren't vice/narcs? No idea at all. I did have a funny feeling when I noticed the group loitering about. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Sure they weren't vice/narcs?
    No idea at all. I did have a funny feeling when I noticed the group loitering about. I never followed up because a uniformed officer was there.

I thought I was being so good with my SA and going to be able to talk to my wife about it. I think she called me captain oblivious later that night.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJake View Post
    If you are like me, then when you go out to the mall or where ever, you are always paying attention to what is going on around you and your wife rarely is. She is focused on shopping or whatever.

I don't just carry a gun for my protection, it is for hers as well(I am not going to discuss additional people and children at this time due to the fact that I don't want to over complicate the discussion). My thinking is that if I am going to protect her, I might as well do it right. VIP style.
    I feel I have a partnership with my wife and we look after one another. She carries a 1911. So do I.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Even though I started the thread, I'm going to get off topic a little bit. I took my wife and three kids out today and we went to a place with lots of shops and restaurants. I realized that I'm not really capable of dealing with much else than getting my children from point a to point b. VIP protection is not an option. I do good if I can just get them in and out of the car. Of course I have twin four year old boys and a one year old daughter. I can still pay attention to some degree, but I'm definitely occupied with just keeping them out of trouble. Keeping things out of my gun hand is nearly impossible. Now when it is just my wife, no problem.

. . . but I'm definitely occupied with just keeping them out of trouble. . . .
    Man, isn't THAT the truth!!! It's so hard to keep the kids in sight sometimes! I stress out about that more than just about any other thing.

I suppose that is generally a more important job. Keeping them out of trouble and teaching them what they can and can not do.

If you are like me, then when you go out to the mall or where ever, you are always paying attention to what is going on around you and your wife rarely is. She is focused on shopping or whatever.
    Sorry friend but, my wife carries too and we are each others back up. When we go out to the mall or where ever it may be, since we have 5 kids, she and I are always scanning the area and keeping watch out for the scum bags. I have a friend who has been out with us and she said that if my wife and I just had matching sunglasses and ear pieces, it would look an awful lot like we were Secret Service protecting the Presidential family.

You can't be too careful these days.

Even though I started the thread, I'm going to get off topic a little bit. I took my wife and three kids out today and we went to a place with lots of shops and restaurants. I realized that I'm not really capable of dealing with much else than getting my children from point a to point b. VIP protection is not an option. I do good if I can just get them in and out of the car. Of course I have twin four year old boys and a one year old daughter. I can still pay attention to some degree, but I'm definitely occupied with just keeping them out of trouble. Keeping things out of my gun hand is nearly impossible. Now when it is just my wife, no problem.
    Been there. I know what you mean. Since my wife carries too (XD .40sc) it does make it easier. We have a 17 year old boy, 13 year old girl, 12 year old boy and 6 year old twin boys. Just herding them all to the same spot is difficult enough, but you have to watch out for the scum bags. They see a family where the obvious protector, the Father, is pre-occupied with the kids as an easy mark.
    Work on getting your wife more alert to her surroundings and maybe even carrying herself. having another person with you who is armed more than doubles your chances of both of you making it through a violent encounter alive.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links