Front Sight 4 Day defensive Handgun training report (long) - Page 2

Front Sight 4 Day defensive Handgun training report (long)

This is a discussion on Front Sight 4 Day defensive Handgun training report (long) within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sarhog....from the little that I've read....1)A guy on a range was tackled by a instructor for waving his firearm . 2) Another guy had a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sarhog....from the little that I've read....1)A guy on a range was tackled by a instructor for waving his firearm . 2) Another guy had a A.D. into his own leg. 3) something about them being sued about unsafe ranges thou i don't know much about that.

I would think its its the instructor job to make sure that doesn't happen. I've been on many range with some great instrutors never seen anything that unsafe, Just not a place i would want to be.

rrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy
    Sarhog....from the little that I've read....1)A guy on a range was tackled by a instructor for waving his firearm . 2) Another guy had a A.D. into his own leg. 3) something about them being sued about unsafe ranges thou i don't know much about that.
    Have you ever taken firearms training? Accidents happen. No instructor at any school can insure the total safety of every single person...especially when they do something contrary to training.

FS trains more than all the other schools combined. (at least that's what I've heard). That equates to millions of rounds of fired and thousands of students taught.

I took at class there and they are extremly safety minded and there was one instructor for about every 5 students. I felt very safe there and came back a much safer and better shooter than when I arrived.

But when you are dealing with guns, shooting and training there will be rare accidents when people don't follow the traning/rules. I think it's great that they publish the incidents so people can learn from the mistake the shooter makes.

The lawsuit is from people paying for very expensive memberships sueing because they say they were misled or didn't get what they paid for building lots and other amenities

It has nothing to do with unsafe ranges.

Re: Front Sight 4 Day defensive Handgun training report (long)

Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy

I would think its its the instructor job to make sure that doesn't happen. I've been on many range with some great instrutors never seen anything that unsafe, Just not a place i would want to be.
    While I was not there and cannot attest to the fact that an instructor "Tackled" a student, I can say that I too train on average around 1 - 2 K students per year in everything from basic to advanced tactical firearms, and presented with the same scenario as above (i.e. A student waiving a weapon around or otherwise violating the laser rule and endangering others in the class) being tackled would likely be the least of their problems.

You are correct. It is the responsibility of the instructor to protect the class from not only outside influences but internal as well. However it must also be stated that when dealing with multiple participants of varying skills, no matter how observant you are there will always be some violation which occurs which are not seen. Fortunately most of the time these incidents do not lead to any serious problems or injuries but on occasion they do. I have been very fortunate and have never had a student injured, this however should NOT be an immediate reflection on the school or instructors. The participant MUST also take responsibility for their actions. In the case listed above, who is truly at fault? The instructor for not walking the line and inspecting "Every" holster on every student between "Every" drill? Or the student for NOT following basic instructions which I can say with confidence (Unless the instructor is a total idiot which I highly doubt.) was told to "Return to a ready position, decock and recover to the holster." and failed to obey this instruction. Then upon the next drill "Drew the weapon improperly and placed their finger within the trigger guard and pressed the trigger too early? On the surface, that is exactly what appears to have happened here.

Although I have NO affiliation with FS and maintain my own personal opinions about them as a company, I do currently maintain a few graduates from their classes who continue to train with me. They have always presented themselves within a very safe manner and have no reservations about them.

As for FS being sued, that has NOTHING to do with range or training injuries, but rather a matter of business practices.

Be Safe

Bryan Scott Williams
    Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC

Main website - www.wa-protective.com
    New Book www.wttrw.com

Front Site

I was there in 1999 not a good place then they where puting the uzis that you shot on the ground IN THE DIRT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links