Just Finished My Marksmanship Training in Texas

This is a discussion on Just Finished My Marksmanship Training in Texas within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you may know, I am new to firearms and have been struggling with accuracy. I just finished my three-lesson block in Ft. ...

Thread: Just Finished My Marksmanship Training in Texas

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar

Just Finished My Marksmanship Training in Texas

As some of you may know, I am new to firearms and have been struggling with accuracy. I just finished my three-lesson block in Ft. Worth (every Thursday night for three weeks) and I have to say, I am very happy with the results. When I started, I had holes all over the target & some even missed, and that was from 3 yards.

Now I am hitting center mass virtually every time at 7 yards. That may not sound like much to many of you guys who have been shooting for years but I feel much more confident after progressing this far. I know from the time spent that if I keep practicing this perishable skill, I will continue to improve.

I don't want to violate any forum rules by "advertising" but I know others have wondered about basic marksmanship training in North Texas, so if you are interested, just PM me.

2. Remove Ads

Any progress is great to share, especially for those who have been shooting for a while. It kinda lets people relive the feeling they got when they first started out.

Glad to see Ft. Worth has some good shooting, the McKinney are has squat.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Hey congrats on your new and improved shooting skill. Don't stop now continue to practice and then practice some more. If you ever get to the other side of the metroplex, give us a call at our range. We may be having a DCC shoot day sometime this fall. Will keep you all posted.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Hey congrats on your new and improved shooting skill. Don't stop now continue to practice and then practice some more. If you ever get to the other side of the metroplex, give us a call at our range. We may be having a DCC shoot day sometime this fall. Will keep you all posted.
    Very interested, my friend. And your partner gave me some great tips & encouragement, along with some great offers to check out your upcoming range. I am interested in tactical stuff once I am all set on my marksmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    If you ever get to the other side of the metroplex, give us a call at our range. We may be having a DCC shoot day sometime this fall. Will keep you all posted.
    It would just about be closer for me to come from East Texas as it would be for him to go all the way across the metroplex.

Keep up the shooting. The more you practice, the better you should be as long as your following the recommended techniques. Good luck and have fun. Of course your other hobbies will suffer the more you shoot, only enough time and money for some much.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links