Commence Fire Advanced Handgun Class 7-19-08

This is a discussion on Commence Fire Advanced Handgun Class 7-19-08 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For my birthday my wife enrolled me in this class and let me say I am 100% glad she did. Keith and his team really ...

Thread: Commence Fire Advanced Handgun Class 7-19-08

Commence Fire Advanced Handgun Class 7-19-08

For my birthday my wife enrolled me in this class and let me say I am 100% glad she did. Keith and his team really know how to run that class. I walked into the class mentally knowing that I was there to practice and to shoot all day with a little bit of help from the staff. I was so so so wrong. I was in a class of 7 with 5 instructors. It even may have been 6. I got a lot of great one on one time with the instructors and they helped me out with so many small things that I had going on with my stance and holstering and unholstering my firearm. Keith does a very good job at bringing real life situations to the class. I think that his honesty and knowledge helps a lot of people with feeling comfotable with shooting around him and his instructors. I never heard anything negative come from any of the instructor’s mouths.

I am telling you that all of these guys are very good people. They took the time out to make sure that everyone had proper gear. If someone was missing something they were the first ones to say "I'll tell you what just use mine and give it to me after the class." I will give you a great example. I had my Kimber Ultra Carry II with a total of 2 mags. One of the instructors came to me and asked me if I wanted to use 2 more of his mags so that I did not have to reload so often. Let me tell you it was very nice of me and boy did he save my thumbs from all the extra loading. Later during the day my Kimber seized up on me and I didn’t bring any of my other guns. Well just as I thought I was done for the day the same instructor asked if I wanted to use his 1911 for the rest of the class. Now if those aren't good guys I don't know who is. So if you are the instructor that let me use it and is reading this THANK YOU.

So over all the class is worth more than what you spend for it. I will be taking the class again and I will be bringing my wife and father with me next time. Heck if I had the extra money to go this Sat I would do it in a heart beat. So if you guys are looking for a class to help you feel better about carrying this is the class.

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

sounds like a great bunch - what was the course like? Course of fire etc?

BTW - nice on you that your wife did this for you

Commence FireArms Training Academy, L.L.C. - Course Description

How was the lunch?

Why did your Kimber seize up? That's a bit scary.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

(Why did the Kimber sieze up?)

My son had a Kimber Ultra Tactical! He had to send it back to Kimber 4 different times in the first year. Not once did Kimber ever offer to send him a new pistol, and the multiple problems were never solved so he could have confidence in using the pistol.

For the money he spent sending that junk back and forth, not to mention the original cost, I think I'll stick with some other brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Commence FireArms Training Academy, L.L.C. - Course Description

How was the lunch?

Why did your Kimber seize up? That's a bit scary.
    We packed oor own lunch and hhe let us have as much time for breaks and we needed. It was such a good class that lunch was really only the long break we had.

I think it seized up because it was just to dirty. I have np doubt in my mind that when I need to you my Kimber it will be ready to use with no prob. I just know that my Kimber is not a range gun that I can use all day. It is sad becuase of the price of the gun but what can you. I just know that this will be the last Kimber I buy for a VERY long time.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Links