Two Day Training with Rob Pincus (Combat Focus)

This is a discussion on Two Day Training with Rob Pincus (Combat Focus) within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What a great two day course that Rob put on at Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware Ohio just north of Columbus. Glad that I ...

What a great two day course that Rob put on at Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware Ohio just north of Columbus. Glad that I got a chance to take the course. Have been a fan on his training methods since I first saw him on the first Personal Defense TV series. Purchased his DVD and his Book, but taking the course put the final touches to Combat Focus methods for me. When you read the book and watch the DVD it just makes sense to train the way on how the body will react during a critical incident. If you ever see Combat Focus Course coming in your State, do not hesitate to book it! Thank's again Rob for coming to Ohio!
    "For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know."
    -- Willie "Bo" Nelson, Mancelona, MI

Gun Control means using both hands."
    -Unknown

Glock 23, CZ P01, S/W 60, S/W 642

Thanks for the note, Quick.

Both classes at Black Wing were great. The staff and facility were excellent.

I'm looking forward to going back in the spring.

-RJP

Don't mean to thread jack,but Rob is it posiible to ship a DVD & book to South Africa 'cos that sounds really great & to get good training here is very hard to come by. Thanx & please pm me with any info.

We're having Mr. Pincus in on Sept 5-7, and REALLY looking forward to it.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Any chance you'll be coming to WV?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Killa,

Yes, that is possible, you can use the online store, or email info@icetraining.us directly. Thanks.

Jwhite,

We don't have anything scheduled at this time, but there is no reason why we can't add something to the schedule with a Regional Rep, staff instructor or I getting there sometime in the next year. Email Me: vscrob@msn.com. Thanks for your interest.

Dan,

See you in a couple weeks!

-RJP

Thanx Rob I'm gonna get on it asap.

That order went out the day you placed it. I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

-RJP

In reviewing Rob's online schedule, I failed to see any offering in the Pacific Northwest? I have seen some of the Valhalla DVDs and enjoyed them. Is Rob now a seperate entity?

Our church's security team is seeking appropriate training in protecting our services. Suggestions?
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Rbrown,

Funny you should mention that. I have had two recent conversations with ranges about teaching in PNW. In fact, I'll be in Oregon next week and looking into some options.

Hopefully, you will see something soon. Of course, if you have access to a range yourself, you could email me about hosting a course. We could also discuss the church security issue.

I will be teaching a Church specific course twice in the next few months, one armed, one unarmed. Those are private courses bringing I.C.E. in specifically for those events. The basic idea is that we combine elements of the CC tactics, EP tactics and Team Tactics courses, as appropriate for the group and venue, given time and budget constraints.

As for the Valhalla issue, the ownership of the facility chose at the end of 2007 to return to their original business plan of having a private shooting facility for member's only. This was done for reasons related to the success of the attached resort property. We spun the training programs into my company, I.C.E. Training. Two of my staff members still also work at Valhalla to take care of the resort guests and members, but we do not do any tactical training there or open enrollment courses anymore. The details can be seen in the archives of the newsletter at the I.C.E. website (look around December/January).

Thanks for your interest and the positive feedback about the DVDs!

-RJP

Links