South Florida members, have you attented this school?

This is a discussion on South Florida members, have you attented this school? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TFA - Home Page I'd also like to introduce myself, my name is Jose 27 years old. I have owned my first gun since I ...

Thread: South Florida members, have you attented this school?

TFA - Home Page

I'd also like to introduce myself, my name is Jose 27 years old. I have owned my first gun since I was 21 and took my concealment out immediately as well. a little history, I always carried in condition 2 (I think, no loaded) and It would only go with me to the house and in the car. H&k uspc .40 (too large for concealment imo)

many years later, one day it dawned on me that, what good is the gun going to do me in the car if im walking to it and get assaulted etc etc etc....bought myself a glock26, fell in love with it, (goes with me everywhere i go) shortly after bought myself a glock 19.

As I was purchasing my g26, i overheard talks about tactical classes down at the trail glades, so they told me to check it out. I went on a thursday night over to the far left of the trail glades where i met the company of TFA - Home Page They basically let me engage the course for free, made sure I did it in a safe manner and did not get too close to any steel targets (boy did i suck, people said i would be nervous because of people watching me) but I was not nervous at all for that, I sucked because I've never shot on the move before.

ANYWAYS, to be able to continue training with them on thursday nights (with instruction) I have to attend their tactical pistol 1 class. which I'm going to do this August 30th.

From that point to this point I've done nothing but read up, practice, practice practice, bought James Yeager's Shooting Missology DVD which helped tremendously..and awaiting to get Andy Stanford's Surgical speed shooting book.

I'm also very interested in practicing with http://www.tssaidpa.us/ after I meet with them and possibly do my first IDPA visit/shoot. I'll have everything i need in terms of gear as it's required for the tac pistol 1 class im taking.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for all the great things I've learned here already.
    Last edited by infoe; August 18th, 2008 at 08:22 PM.

Thank you for the link to TSSAIDPA infoe. I'll definitely check out the match at Markham Park. IDPA shooting is something that I'm looking forward to. It's a little drive for me from West Palm Beach but one day out of each month is not bad at all.
    NRA Member

Ahhhhh that's MY club. I was one of the first members and indeed when we switched over from IPSC to IDPA I was the very first shooter in the very first sanctioned match east of the Mississippi River. That was, IIRC, 1997. In honor of the moment I ran that first course of fire using JHP's.

We used to shoot at the Homestead Police Range but now that is one of the turns at the Homestead Raceway. TSSA is a great group and a teaching club. They're my friends (even MIGGY) and you'll never find a better group of folks anywhere (even MIGGY)! I rag on Miggy, but he's a great guy and a great friend.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

hey soldier thanks for chiming in, I think the clubs are different though. I"m going to check out TSSA this weekend but the school in question is TFA - Home Page

Let me know if you've seen them, as they are there on thursdays and saturdays at the trial glades.

Administrator
    Welcome Jose! I'm glad you have found a home and decided to be responsible enough to seek additional training. It all fun and easy rolling from here! From what Miggy has posted, it looks like that is a fun club to belong to. If it didn't take me four days to drive one way there, I'd join too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Miggy <---- Designated Punchline of TSSA
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I'm looking forward to meeting all the members, this hobby is going to drive bankrupt.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by infoe View Post
    I'm looking forward to meeting all the members, this hobby is going to drive bankrupt.
    Thats the neat thing about this "hobby". You can spend very little or you can spend your entire life savings. Its up to you. Buy good equipment and you are good for a lifetime.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I meant mostly in terms of ammo, I'm squared away in pistols (I feel) as soon as i sell my h&k .40. However I do want a shotgun for HD, and eventually get into the sport of the AR15 (I think thats when the bankrupt will start to show its face)

Sponsored Links