Defensive Carry banner

Going To Frontsight

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  MP45Man 
#1 ·
I'm on the plane tomorrow, and will post my experiences after I get back next week...so long!

:biggrin2:

#2 ·
Lucky bum!
Hope you have a great time!
It's on my bucket list. (Well...at least has to wait for an situational economic improvement)

#3 ·
Disclaimer: I have been to Gunsite, Thunder Ranch and a few smaller, regional schools. I have never been to FS.

Go there with an open mind. Make a good faith effort to work their program even if it clashes with what you have been doing to date i.e. wever v. iso, trigger reset v. trigger slap, reload styles, malfunction drills, presentation count and positions etc.

Finally, any deal they offer you re "buying in " to Front Sight ought to be good even after you leave. You should not have to buy right then and there.

#4 ·
OKay, by now Abby Normal is on his way... so we can talk about him! :rofl:

OH WAIT! He's gonna see this when he gets back! :blink:

#5 ·
#6 ·
Hey Abby Normal, ya gonna tell us about your experience? :smile:

I'm headed to Front Sight next month for the same course.

#7 ·
Woo-Hoo! Got back Friday, only problem I had was with the HEAT! Over 100 every day, once I almost went back to the classroom to cool down, but I spotted an older guy on the range next to us that was using a WALKER! OMG, I couldn't wimp out after seeing that!
Training was excellent, as was the accuracy of the XD, didn't have one hiccup in 600 rounds! They really mean it when they say it's not like boot camp, but they ARE firm in their safety procedures! During lunch breaks they have mini-seminars so they can cram your head with tactics, weapons selection, scenarios and of course one had to be about "Joining the Frontsight Family" which costs more than I can handle right now...I did wind up with cuts, bruises and blisters from all the shooting, but I asked for it! I will say that I won't go again unless it's winter, I'm too much of a wuss to handle that much heat again!
Thumper, all I can tell you is to pay attention to what they tell you, you will learn a lot!

:wink:

#8 ·
Right on! I hope it's cooler next month... 100's? YUCK! :blink:

Thanks for the report and glad you had a good time. :wink:

#9 ·
It's still in the 90s here. I'm planning on going back in Nov or Dec for the Rifle Course. I took the handgun course last Oct and it was really cold in the morning but hot in the afternoon. So it's a non win situation for me.

#10 ·
Well now I know what everyone is talking about, I just got back yesterday from my 4 Day Defensive Handgun course at Front Sight.

All I can say is... WOW! At the end of the first day I knew exactly what I didn't know! By the fourth day I had a completely comfortable and confident relationship with my 1911 like I've never had before. (Though I thought I already had that!) My shooting has improved tremendously and my confidence has increased too as well as my knowledge with regard to handguns and CCW.

I certainly haven't arrived at "Pistol Nirvana", I know I still need a lot of "Practice Practice Practice!", but I'm very happy that I went to Front Sight and would recommend going to anyone considering this or any other course they offer. :yup:

#12 ·
I'll be sending my Springfield in for some de-horning! :rofl:
That tape they use for name tags works great on sore fingers. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.