Finished LFI class 10/10/08

This is a discussion on Finished LFI class 10/10/08 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I want to thenk my borthers who advised me on the class. You were right on and following Mas' instructions I'll be PMing you ...

Thread: Finished LFI class 10/10/08

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Well I want to thenk my borthers who advised me on the class. You were right on and following Mas' instructions I'll be PMing you to set up our extended network. I also want to thank all wother who helped with my problems with the LEM. I had it down pretty darn well and managed to fire a 290 out of 300 on the final test. That was only good enough for 5th. We had some outstanding shooters in the class.
    Our class was probably typical, I'd say 90% college grads.
    We had Lawyers, pilots, Educators, several Tactical Company employees at least one of which had been to the sandbox, 3 VN era vets, 3 women (one beautiful Chinese Immigrant lady who became an absolutely top shooter because she has LISTENING skills) LEO's, 2 Federal employees, 3 Medical Personal.
    Guns were 40% 1911 versions mostly high end. Glocks again many kinds. 4 HK's, 2 P2K's one USPc, one USP9, XD's, and one Steyr(sp).
    2 of the 1911's went **** up, one a high end Les Baer that was just too tight and hand not been broken in, and one Kimber that the owner will send back. The owner of the Baer had a nice older Colt that ran well and the Kimber owner used an XD quite well.
    Ayoob really prefers revolvers and uses his old carry Model K to shoot 300 scores.
    The top shooters, Gary the airline pilot used an issue USPc in 40 to shoot a 299. The other was one of the young Tactical Companies who used an XD. The latter really was a surprise because he had trouble staying on target the day before.
    I dont think I've ever learned so much about individual use of handguns in my life and my knowledge of the Law in defense is tenfold.
    Mas Ayoob is the absolute real deal. He gets in the dirt with the class and no one comes out of there unable to do what is needed. I think the others who have gone throught the course will attest that the assistant instructors work very hard with anyone haveing any problems.
    Whe he told us 9-12 hours a day plus 2 hours of homework he meant it.
    (I'll continue)

This is MAS teaching the low kneel hold. We did it using the Weaver, Chapman, and Isocoles holds for reasons he explains in class.

I highly recommend his book Stressfire to those who cannot attend the class.

Sponsor
    Thanks for the review threefeathers.

Sounds like you had a great time and the class was worth attending.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Thank you Brownie. I'd actually like to take your class although my experience in combat is that my front sight saved my life at least 6 times. Yet, once in 67 I was trying to catch some A's in the back of a Deuce and a Half and a fellow carrying an RPG2 crawled in the back. I had a 1911 (Remington Rand I remember quite well) and in a panic I popped all 7 rounds into him, whatever the distance a truck has in the bed, Nailed him with 6 of the 7 one of them going through the tube of the RPG. He didn't move so I must have cut the spine.

One thing about Ayoob, he doesn't bad mouth anyone or any system. Rounds downrange are the only thing that count and the faster the better.

Did you folks exchange notes yet?

Nice report, I'm interested in getting training he offers. I live within an hour or where he (M. Ayoob) calls home.

Thanks for the report.

Stay armed...get training...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I finished rewriting my notes tonight and then did an hour of dry firing using all of the holds, draw, mag changes.

I did LFI I in 1992 and did LFI II in 1996.

I went to Gunsite around the same time. Col Cooper wasn't teaching on the range, he was there on his golf cart watching and talked to us individually later, and he some of the lectures.

Both were great tools to add to your arsenal.

Thanks very much for the class report. My wife and I are taking the LFI-1 class next month, and we're both really looking forward to it. It will be the first 'formal' pistol education that either of has ever had so we're hoping to get all sorts of good info from it.

Brian

Brian, when you are finished, let's exchange notes. You have to do it and Mas really wants us all to be in contact with each other. Mine are rather complete. The best advice I had was from Jerry and Kaz on this site, take 500 rounds of ammo, a gun that will function,. and several notebooks and pen's. Take hand wipes for after the range!!!!

Sponsored Links