Quick Kill training in Memphis area

This is a discussion on Quick Kill training in Memphis area within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for 8 guys (or gals) who are interested in taking Brownie's Quick Kill class in the Memphis area. We need that as a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Kill training in Memphis area

I'm looking for 8 guys (or gals) who are interested in taking Brownie's Quick Kill class in the Memphis area. We need that as a baseline, up to 16 max (based on his previous limits-this might be wrong). Class would be an outdoor class, two days, 8:30-5:30ish, and would cost $400.00 plus cost of your ammo (plan to shoot over 1K rounds!!), a steal for this level of training.

The course has been well reviewed on this site, so see AZHusker's review among others for more details. This class would usually only meet in AZ, so if we can get 8 folks together, you can avoid travel hassles and get top notch training right here in the midsouth! Gotta be at LEAST 8 folks in the area who want to improve themselves!! Interested parties can PM me! Thanks!

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post
    I'm looking for 8 guys (or gals) who are interested in taking Brownie's Quick Kill class in the Memphis area. We need that as a baseline, up to 16 max (based on his previous limits-this might be wrong). Class would be an outdoor class, two days, 8:30-5:30ish, and would cost $400.00 plus cost of your ammo (plan to shoot over 1K rounds!!), a steal for this level of training.

The course has been well reviewed on this site, so see AZHusker's review among others for more details. This class would usually only meet in AZ, so if we can get 8 folks together, you can avoid travel hassles and get top notch training right here in the midsouth! Gotta be at LEAST 8 folks in the area who want to improve themselves!! Interested parties can PM me! Thanks!
    Memphis, eh?
    Tough town, from what I've heard.
    Yes, by all means get Brownie out there.
    And make sure he gets to a jazz club as well.

Mogadishu on the Mississippi! Hopefully we'll get some takers and make Elvis' home a little safer for us all....

If you're in the area, by all means take advantage of this opportunity. Lots of practical shooting, little of the liability drivel. Best $400 you'll spend! You'll do more realistic shooting in this weekend than you'd do at a whole week at one of the large academies, and it is realistic, real world.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Husker, I might have misrepresented the class already! Was that 2K rounds you fired?!! 1K per day?

Senior Moderator
    Got any dates ?

Memphis is only 3.5 hours away from me. I could stay at my Sis-in laws house.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I did just 800 rounds the first day, and just over that the second. I could have fired much more, all it takes is stepping back up to the line for another go-around. I never imagined I could even load that many mags, but my Lula loader helped tremendously! It depends on your gun. My friend with a single stack went through quite a bit less ammo than I did, as did the amazing deputy shooting snubby wheelguns. I brought plenty of cheap 9mm (that's why I chose to use my G19) and am glad I did. Half the price of my normal .45's. I'd heartily recommend a high-cap gun for this course. You'll be shooting as much as you want, and reloading can take up valuable range time. I used seven 15-round mags, so I was never out of the action. Don't worry if you normally carry a different platform. The skills you learn can easily be switched to another gun.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Sponsor
    Looking forward to coming into the Memphis area if we can get enough interest in the area.

I'm on the road to New Mexico in three weeks with the state det bureau; two private student sessions end of Nov out here; February with 7677 and Matt Temkin out here; Florida in March with a PD and possibly setting up a course there that weekend for others while in town; and April in the Cincinnati area.

Plan to shoot about 1500-2K rds with a high cap gun and enough mags, maybe 1200 with a single stack and plenty of mags. As AZHusker mentioned, bring enough mags, you can shoot quite a bit more and will be given the opportunity to do so.

Appreciate the support and assist from AZ and Matt.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

We're at 3 already!

Any news on a Michigan class?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Tempting, very tempting. It would greatly depend on when the class is for me to attend.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Somebody throw out some dates for me! Paco, since you have limitations, what's your ideal? We're still about 4 folks off from being a lock!

Sponsor
    Supertac45,

About the closest venue to Michigan is going to be in the Cincinnati Ohio area sometime in April [ working a getting a date scheduled with people there at this time ].

I've got several people interested from the Detroit metro area, but finding a venue to shoot at is the biggest hurdle at this point.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    I'm in Mississippi and, if the dates work, I would definitely like to make the Memphis class.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Gonzo will make 5. Come on guys, there's more out there that want this, you know you do!!

Gonna talk to some local LEOs next week, see if we can generate any interest from some area departments. Heck, might balloon the numbers if some official participants come on board!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links