New training outfit in Fredericksburg, VA

This is a discussion on New training outfit in Fredericksburg, VA within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just attended a new training academy in Fredericksburg, Va - the Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy. Check them out at Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy Tom ...

I just attended a new training academy in Fredericksburg, Va - the Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy. Check them out at Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy

Tom Perroni runs it. He has an extensive Federal, local law enforcement, and contractor background, and he trains lots of real world operators that are stationed in the U.S. and overseas.

I took the 07E and 09E classes, and it was high speed. Several training outfits I looked at just shuffled people through the classroom and the tests.

Not Tom. We started in the classroom and went through the required material, but we also did dry fire drills inside. This prepped us well for live fire executive protection drills on the range. They were high speed and professional.

We shot both steel and paper through a variety of exercises that far surpassed the 07 and 09E minimums. I took my PPS a year ago, and this was a great refresher and then some.

Toms shoot/no shoot program was excellent, too. He put us in scenarios in an AV format that walked us through threat situations where we had to decide to shoot or not to in a split second (we were dry firing, moving for cover, issuing commands, etc.) , and then he evaluated our performance, one on one. This was real quality stuff real world training Ive never seen quite like this before, and Ive trained at BW and the NRAs advanced classes, and others. Not to knock the other schools they were great. But Tom added real world elements to it, and that made all the difference.

His draw techniques from cover I wore a 5-11 blazer were so effective, it helped me pass the federal air marshal exam.

I recommend him for any real world threat training. Its the heat.

RD

RD, or should I say “Bounder”

Thanks! Nice post. You shot very well and you were the only person in that class to qualify on the (FAM) course. We won't mention the fact that there was a SEAL in the class. However he was much better with the M40-A3 from Special Projects unlimited out to 550 yards.

FWIW,
    (O7E) DCJS Entry Level Handgun (09E) DCJS Advanced Handgun and
    DCJS= Department of Criminal Justice Services. In Virginia.

It was a great class that flowed well; I loved the fact that you guys were “Breaking Contact” and “Peeling” perfectly. In my experience communication is the first thing that breaks down when the Sh_ _ hits the fan. However you guys did the team tactics together well. It was a beautiful thing to watch you move, shoot and communicate to each other on a 360 degree hot range flawlessly. I was truly proud of all of you!

You did very well in the “FATS” training your Shoot/No Shoot skills were put to the test.

I look forward to seeing you in "DDM" Sniper Course in November.

P.S. I don't think you would have been able to shoot M4's & Sniper Rifles in any other Handgun course. I hope everyone had fun and learned how to PREVAIL in a real world gunfight!

Tom
    Gwedo II

Links