CCW Classes near Orlando?

This is a discussion on CCW Classes near Orlando? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone recommend a good place to take a CCW class in the Orlando area? I searched a bit and found lots of info on ...

Thread: CCW Classes near Orlando?

CCW Classes near Orlando?

Can anyone recommend a good place to take a CCW class in the Orlando area? I searched a bit and found lots of info on more advanced training in the area, but nothing on a basic CCW class.

I have some friends in that area who are interested in getting permits. He already owns a pistol, but she'll be purchasing her first. So a facility that could help in that regard too would be a bonus.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

2. Remove Ads

I'm also interested in doing a CCW class but unfortunately I will not have the funds for a while.

At any rate, I know East Orange Shooting Sports has a pretty popular CCW class, a basic one. I think it is around $50 and they'll include and walk you through the forms and a few other things. I've also heard nothing but good things about EOSS and the staff there.

Check it out if you want.

index

Not sure if you live around this part of Orlando, but they're on Forsyth (which is off University Blvd).

They also have unlimited time $9.95 pistol range facilities, which I've heard from friends is a very good range. I believe that if you want you can even rent a pistol included in that price.

But I personally have no experience; I'm just going based off what I heard. I'm also fairly certain that the other gun stores do CCW classes as well, but the EOSS is the only one I have feedback on so...

Good luck! I have to admit, I am pretty jealous! heh. Oh well, hopefully by next summer I will have the mess the economy put me cleaned up and can join you all

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I'm also interested in doing a CCW class but unfortunately I will not have the funds for a while.

At any rate, I know East Orange Shooting Sports has a pretty popular CCW class, a basic one. I think it is around $50 and they'll include and walk you through the forms and a few other things. I've also heard nothing but good things about EOSS and the staff there.

Check it out if you want.

index

Not sure if you live around this part of Orlando, but they're on Forsyth (which is off University Blvd).

They also have unlimited time $9.95 pistol range facilities, which I've heard from friends is a very good range. I believe that if you want you can even rent a pistol included in that price.

But I personally have no experience; I'm just going based off what I heard. I'm also fairly certain that the other gun stores do CCW classes as well, but the EOSS is the only one I have feedback on so...

Good luck! I have to admit, I am pretty jealous! heh. Oh well, hopefully by next summer I will have the mess the economy put me cleaned up and can join you all
    This was where I took my CWFL class. Very good. Very informative.
    They took it seriously.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I hold classes in Daytona Beach at The Robert Strickland Shooting Range.. You can click on my signature, it will take you to my web site..Check it out or give me call at 386-479-2587

Thanks for the information guys. I live in Pensacola, and I've already got my permit. Just trying to help some friends get moving in the right direction via e-mail and I was looking for some places to send them.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Brian

I bet the guys at East Orange Shooting Sports on Forsyth do a great job. They're a good bunch.

I took one from a police officer who teaches at Shoot Straight in Casselberry, FL. It was very well done and I think it was advantageous that the instructor was a LEO.

I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Links