Anyone trained by Massad Ayoob? $800 for 40 hrs

This is a discussion on Anyone trained by Massad Ayoob? $800 for 40 hrs within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like Mr. Ayoob is coming to WA. Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc. 360-978-6100 His course isn't the only one offered at the FA Academy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone trained by Massad Ayoob? $800 for 40 hrs

Looks like Mr. Ayoob is coming to WA.
    Firearms Academy of Seattle, Inc. 360-978-6100

His course isn't the only one offered at the FA Academy of Seattle. Has anyone trained with him?

$800 is quite a bit....

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Is this the LFI-1 course?

I took that one with Ayoob last year. It was very good. Although there is obviously shooting technique involved, it is more important as an introduction to the use of lethal force. I think it is a great course for any armed citizen to take, and worth it at the price.

If this is something other than LFI-1, I still think Ayoob is a very good instructor, and whether it's worth the $800 to you will depend on the exact material.

ETA: I see you are talking LFI-1. Search the board; a few people have taken it recently and there were a few threads.
    Last edited by kazzaerexys; November 19th, 2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Additional comment.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

VIP Member
    I did LFI-I back in 1996 for only a little less than that; LFI-II was more than that; so I think the price is fair considering the level of training you'll get and the fact that ten years have elapsed.

Plus, Marty and Gila Hayes run FAS and are adjunct LFI instructor; I've heard they are top notch instructors too.

I'd like to train at FAS and (finally) do LFI-III here in FL.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I did it this last June and I thought it was well worth the money. If he comes back next year for LFI-II, I'm going to sign up. If you can afford it, you won't regret it.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    He is a frequent guest instructor there. I took some of their courses. I highly recommend them.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I have been considering one of his classes. He lives less than an hour away from me...
    We'll see how things go as the year goes on...passed on a class starting tomorrow and his new schedule isn't posted as of yet.

Stay armed...get quality training...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I ran across Mas while doing some stuff in Fl with Hillsborough S.O., I know that he is a decent man and a good instructor, 800 is cheap to pick his brain.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I ran across Mas while doing some stuff in Fl with Hillsborough S.O., I know that he is a decent man and a good instructor, 800 is cheap to pick his brain.
    That's a true statement! Mas has also checked in here on DC once in a while, too.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I'm an LFI grad andf was lucky enough to spend a few days with him last week.
    I've been through a lot of training. I served with Ed Stock (action Figure) in the 19th Group and we shot all the time.

I took LFI as a way to increase my legal knowledge and because I have always admired Mas and his courage in defending the innocent over the years.
    LFI is the absolute best training in 5 day's I've ever had.

Hey guys, I finally finished re-writing my notes and would like to trade with a couple of you so I can make the video tape and send it to Mas. The one copy to myself Registered mail like we're supposed to do.

What kind of Guy is Mas? Let me tell you, my oldest son is a teacher in a tough bario school and has been threatened by bangers, Mas got on the phone with him and had him calmed down in seconds. He didn't have to, this son didn't attend LFI, but he did so without hesitation.

Graduating from LFI is the kind of brotherhood similiar to graduating from Recondo School. If you can do it, you have to.

pax
    I'm a fan: Cornered Cat - Lethal Force Institute LFI-1 Review

That's a review I wrote for Women & Guns some time ago.

(Full disclosure: I am an assistant instructor at FAS, and these days consider Mas a good buddy. At the time I wrote the above review, I did not know Mas apart from the class.)

pax,

Kathy
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

The FAS facility is a good one, and the training staff are excellent. Have also taken the LFI-1 course from Ayoob. Highly recommended, if you have done little other training. Essentially, it's much of the In The Gravest Extreme and Stress Fire books' material come-to-life across several days. For folks who carry, there is much to learn from his perspective.

Have not done LFI-2/3/4, due to a bum hip/leg. (Barely got through LFI-1, due to that.) If I ever get it resolved, he'll have a check in the mail and I'll be on a plane to wherever the next course is being held.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    LFI-4 sounds wild...

I have not had the pleasure of taking LFI 1 yet.

I have spoken with Mas on the phone a couple of times and he even helped me with a research paper eighteen years ago. The paper was on Officer Involved Shootings with a focus on the Johnson/Alvarez shooting in Miami. Mas was a member of the defense team for the trial.

I have found Mas to be knowledgable, personable and "gifted" at explaining things that are complex in an easy to understand way. In short, the man is a "natural born teacher" and seeing the dedication he has to the subject material makes me want to take his class all the more.

I can't wait until I can do LFI 1. I spoke with him last week regarding his 2009 schedule. I'm hoping I can get the week off in Oct.

Biker

My wife and I are in the LFI-1 class right now. In fact we just got back to the hotel after day two and I'm here posting on DC when I should be doing my homework. I'll get to it shortly though.

We're both very pleased with the class. This is the first formal firearm instruction that either of us has had so in addition to the information on the use of lethal force, the shooting portion of the class has been very beneficial for us too. I believe that much of the skills we are doing on the range can be found in Stress Fire but trying to learn from a book is nothing like learning from the man himself. If the class were over today, I'd consider it money well spent and we still have two days to go. In fact, I can't imagine how anyone can honestly carry a weapon for personal protection and NOT take either this class or a comparable one.

We're already talking about signing up for LFI-II next year.

Brian

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Please tell him hello from threefeathers. Glock 32 came in. He may have an interesting story or two about me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links