National Tactical Invitational in May/2009

This is a discussion on National Tactical Invitational in May/2009 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lots of people on this forum are always interested on where they can get training or where they can go to test what training they ...

Thread: National Tactical Invitational in May/2009

Lots of people on this forum are always interested on where they can get training or where they can go to test what training they already have.

I just got my email for the 19th Annual National Tactical Invitational so I wanted to post a little about it for those who are interested and will need some time to plan for attending. It runs from May 26-30, 2009.

The email I received was pretty informative but it is copy righted and not allowed to be reproduced without permission so I am posting the website here for the National Tactical Invitational.

While a lot of the participants are law enforcement officers, tactical officers and military personnel, most of the participants are just ordinary CCW people who want a chance to compete and learn skills which may apply to any given self defense situation. Most importantly, you will test yourself on the moral and ethical decisions which you commonly wrestle with when you try to play out all those "What If" scenario's which are frequently posted on this forum and the ones you play out in your head.

Since this is an "Invitational" shooting event, you will need to request an invitation to the event.

All the information you need as well as the "point of contact" person can be found on the website here. Just click on the link NTI XIX on the left side of the homepage.

Not sure if I'll make it, but hopefully someone on this forum may be able to go, learn and have fun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Short of going out and getting in a gunfight NTI is the best test of your pre fight skills, fight management, and after fight "personal damage control" that you can get.

It is not a shooting class, it is a test. It is essentially a self test that gives you a measuring stick of things you need to work on. You may be an IPSC Grandmaster but fail miserably because you didn't recognize the cues of impending criminal assault. On the other hand you may just be a decent shooter but win overwhelmingly because you were able to do things tactically correct to the point that the bad guys were at a huge disadvantage. And then again you may have such good pre fight management skills that you avoid getting into a fight. All of these are possible outcomes along with as many other possible outcomes as you can imagine.

I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who has taken some classes and wants to see how well they have internalized what they have learned.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Sponsored Links