Front Sight Defensive handgun course

This is a discussion on Front Sight Defensive handgun course within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I searched the forum and didn't see what I was looking for. Has anyone here taken any classes at Front Sight in Nevada? It ...

Thread: Front Sight Defensive handgun course

Front Sight Defensive handgun course

Hi,
    I searched the forum and didn't see what I was looking for. Has anyone here taken any classes at Front Sight in Nevada? It looks really good, and I have seen many testimonials, but it is all from front sight. Is this training as good as they say, or is it just a course for celebrities and wealthy folks? If I went, it would be a sacrifice for me and my family, and I don't want to spend the money just to say I went there. If it is very good training it would be worth it. TIA for any information from people who have been there.
    Jim

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I've been to Front Site many times as a guest of a friend of mine. I have taken the 2 day and 4 day defensive handgun courses. Also the 2 day tactical shotgun course. After spending a couple of grand there, they threw in a free 1 day Uzi course. My next visit I would like to take some of their nite classes, everyone tells me that these are excellent classes to take, I think they have pre-requisites though. I would also like to take the 1911 armorer class.

Front Site is not cheap. Between the basic price and any ammo you shoot, plan on a pricey experience. Most of the ammo they have is either Wolf or factory once fired. They do a good job teaching the novice or intermediate in firearm skills. They prefer you buy their ammo but you can take yours, no self reloads. I wouldnt recommend summertime, its hotter than hadies. I usually go during the early winter months when its cooler but not so cold that you have to wear heavy clothing. Most of the days are sunny, its in the middle of the Nevada desert between Las Vegas and Pahrump. I would like to go again this year but with the economy, I'm saving my nickels.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I have not been there myself, but I know a gentleman that has a membership and he goes once or twice a year. He has nothing but good to say about it.

I wish I could afford it.

VIP Member
    I took the 4 Day Defensive Handgun Course in October... it was excellent!
    My family sacrificed for me to go too and it was well worth it. I bought a certificate on e-Bay that was much cheaper than the $2000.00 course price. (Just do a search on e-Bay for "Front Sight Certificate")
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I graduated from the 4-Day defensive handgun course. I enjoyed every minute of it and it did help me get a lot better. Like Thumper said, go on e-bay or do a google search and get a FS certificate. They're a lot less than $2000. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

i haven't been there, but took a one day tactical pistol course from an old instructor, and enjoyed it and learned a lot.
    "Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

Links