Woooo HOOOO!

This is a discussion on Woooo HOOOO! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In less than 9 hours we will be picking up Massad Ayoob. He is teaching Judicious Use of Force for us this weekend, and came ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woooo HOOOO!

Woooo HOOOO!

In less than 9 hours we will be picking up Massad Ayoob. He is teaching Judicious Use of Force for us this weekend, and came in a couple of days early. We have an hour trip back from the airport to chat him up!

On Monday we are driving him to his next stop--5 hours. Does anybody else think we could auction off 5 hours of windshield time with Massad Ayoob on E Bay? <g>

I am so jazzed, I don't know quite how I'm going to hang for 9 hours today. Does anybody have anything they want asked?

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

2. Remove Ads

You are a lucky cuss!!

Have a great time.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Wow that is awesome.

Ask him why he doesnt have...., NO tell him I said he needs his own show on Outdoor or Sportsmans channels. Or both.

Yes, his own show. That would be cool.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Wow that is awesome.

Ask him why he doesnt have...., NO tell him I said he needs his own show on Outdoor or Sportsmans channels. Or both.

Yes, his own show. That would be cool.
    He did have PDTV on the Outdoor Channel, but they didn't pick it back up last year or the year before.

-JT

wow, this is impressive. Bring back some good info and stories for us...
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Next time give us more warning so we can tag along, darnit!

I vote for a show from him...that would be cool!!!

I think a show would be awsome, but really hard and expensive to produce, how about instead of tv show, suggest a monthly podcast video that can be downloaded.

I would be willing to signup for something like that for a nominal fee. I would bet a large percentage of members here would spend a few$$ /month to have up to date training tips. Even could suggest a special subsection on this forum to post and answer questions about the topic for that month.

Not so fast HK Dan...did you know that Massad Ayoob charges people $800 to give him a ride somewhere?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

LOL Ret--He is pretty 'bottom line focused', but we got away clean.

We picked him up last night and were waiting on his last piece of luggage to arrive. He went to the desk and told the gal, and while she is looking it up on the computer, he turned and said "Dan, this may be the first time that an Arab has been hijacked by an airline..."

He's quite a fan of IDPA (as am I). We talked a LOT about different stages that we've run--I'd heard about his 6 stage recreation of the Miami shoot out on the anniversary of the shooting, and got the details on that. (Tough stages, we may have to run it).

It's going to be a good 6 days. Man, I need a Marlborough....LOL

Dan

We just finished up the class and drove Mas to his next stop. What a man...

The class was amazingly thorough. If you carry and have not taken it, you're making a mistake. We've been asked not to share many details on the internet or to anyone who isn't a "card carrying good guy", and you won't find the material from about 75% of the class in print (other than student notes).

It is note-intensive. I have 15 pages of notes on narrow line legal pad, both sides. That was pretty common and about what he told us to expect.

The material, which you'd think would be dry? Isn't. You're engaged the whole time. The gears are turning and it's enough to hold your interest COMPLETELY for (no kidding) 10-11 hours. Expect to run from 0800 to 1900 or beyond. Sunday we exited by 2030. You leave exhausted, and wound up.

He told us to expect nightmares, and about half the class had 'em. He told us to expect sleep disturbance, and about everyone had it. I'm telling you, it gets into your head. <g>

If you have not taken JUODF, TAKE IT. It may keep you out of prison. Mas said that no LFI student has been convicted. He will serve as an expert witness at your trial if it was a good shooting, and waive his fee (expenses only). If you have to sell a spare gun to take the class, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Dan

Thanks for the review Dan.
    I'll be taking LFI 1 next month. I would like to exchange notes with you when I get done, if possible. I've heard about that portion of the class.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker

Oh man... talk about missing the boat!

Would have been a nothing drive from Missouri up to Iowa!

I have his video's Judicious Use of Deadly Force and Physio Psychological Aspects of Violent Encounters... but those are just two hour videos from the class. Nothing like attending the whole program.

I'm gonna have to check his travel schedule for this next year and try to find him close by again.

Glad you had a good time and learned a lot.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm having him back in Dec/January to do it again.

We had 43 students in the class and I could have filled it again easily.

We heard some great war stories about shooting with the big names--some surprising and others affirming. All were hilarious in the end. It was a great 6 days!

Count me in Dan.... I'm packing my snow shoes now!!! I'm also placing a note in my calendar now to remind me to contact you around Oct or Nov.

Taking one of his programs has been on my agenda for way too long! Time to take the plunge!

Keep us posted

Thanks Dan!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links