Example of Central Nervous System disruption - video

This is a discussion on Example of Central Nervous System disruption - video within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We do this in every class, this was in Indianapolis earlier this month. One knuckle punch from one inch away. Imagine doing it at combat ...

Thread: Example of Central Nervous System disruption - video

Example of Central Nervous System disruption - video

We do this in every class, this was in Indianapolis earlier this month. One knuckle punch from one inch away. Imagine doing it at combat speed with a Kubaton or Surefire.

2. Remove Ads

Forgive me, but what am I supposed to see here? I saw a grinning guy take a noogie to his forehead, continue to grin, and then the video ended. When I think of disruption of the CNS, I generally don't expect to see a guy barely move while standing and show no sign of injury or distress.

I saw the change in the receiver's posture and muscle control. Can you describe what is being antagonized to cause the disruption. When you mention the combat force with an instrument would this be a knock out effect similar to a traditional brain cuncussive knock out?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. TR

Imagine brain matter as jello in a plastic bowl. Now tap the side of the bowl and see what happens.

The same thing happens to your brain. Any time your brain sloshes around in the skull your going to have "torsional busing" and you get a concussion.

as we have seen in the news lately, even a seemingly minor bump can have devastating results.

Now imagine that same bowl of jello getting hit with a sharp blunt object like a knuckle........your "gray matter" is just a big sponge and it will absorb energy by expanding. the expansion will radiate out like waves in a pond (except at the speed of sound) the expansion will do all kinds of bad things to brain tissue.

Now, the Brain is a rather remarkable organ (except in my Ex-wife ) and can take a pretty severe blow, but medical treatment needs to be administered rather quickly
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Locust Grove View Post
    I saw the change in the receiver's posture and muscle control. Can you describe what is being antagonized to cause the disruption. When you mention the combat force with an instrument would this be a knock out effect similar to a traditional brain cuncussive knock out?
    Ok, I watched it again several times. The subject is standing straight up, arms to the side relaxed. Noogie is applied. His head and upper body move back perhaps six inches. It looks almost as much like a flinch as an effect from a blow or "disruption of the CNS." Again, he never appears to lose his balance, doesn't appear to be disoriented, nothing other than the basic physics and reaction one would expect from a guy giving a little knuckle shot to the forehead.

If the ultimate point is that a sharp blow to the head is a good idea in self defense, then they should publish an article in the journal, "Duh."

I'm not trying to be a butt, but this seems to be treading close to the idea of mystical, magical pressure point manipulation of a type displayed by charlatans like George Dillman.

take another look that was a simple tap. What do you think is going to happen if you did that with a lot of force???

The favorite weapon of the Hells Angles is not a gun, knife or rifle................is a ball peen hammer.

If you hit someone in the head with the "Ball peen" part, they won't survive.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Distinguished Member
    With the open palm, it's also known as the "preacher's punch". Think, "hee-ahll!" But the puncher in video cheats by starting at one inch (or slightly more) and drawing back another couple of inches for greater travel and release of force. I've had enough "demonstrations", and this is not something with which I would cooperate. It makes me uncomfortable to watch.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    take another look that was a simple tap. What do you think is going to happen if you did that with a lot of force???
    The same range of things that happen when you hit anyone in the head really hard. Some will go out like a light, some will blink and maybe show slight discomfort, and most will be somewhere in between.

Point being, be skeptical any time someone talks about disrupting the CNS by doing something other than damaging it severely or destroying it. Even Tasers/stun guns, which are unquestionably disrupting the CNS, have a variable effect. Severing someone's spine or blowing their brain apart much less so.

i'm in shock. i want my click back.

"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back" -- Adolf Hitler

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    More mall ninja self defense jibberish. I feel sorry for the dummies that paid money to find out that if you whack a guy in the noggin it hurts him.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Sorry you are not impressed. The gentleman struck described his knees buckling and a white flash of light. One of the reasons that this was done was the discussion of the use of flashlights with or impact or TID bezels. Again the punch was done with one knuckle from about one inch away. The idea was to show the effect of that strike using a concentration of force on a small surface area.

Strikes to different parts of the head from different angles will result in various levels of disruption. This "third eye" location is sort of the fuse box for your body.- George

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    Sorry you are not impressed. The gentleman struck described his knees buckling and a white flash of light. One of the reasons that this was done was the discussion of the use of flashlights with or impact or TID bezels. Again the punch was done with one knuckle from about one inch away. The idea was to show the effect of that strike using a concentration of force on a small surface area.

Strikes to different parts of the head from different angles will result in various levels of disruption. This "third eye" location is sort of the fuse box for your body.- George
    uuum that's weird, my wife always thought the third eye was someth~~~~~ooh nevermind
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post

He may describe all of that but it is not shown in the video.
    The Video really shows us nothing usefull.
    The story you tell of what happens after the video stops is more informative by far.

edit.. Ive never been in a fist fight ever but I was punched in the face twice while I was sitting down. I was hit twice very hard and saw a bright flash of light. I got up and jumped on the big (very big) drunk SOB and pinned him in a full nelson.
    The bright flash of light did little to stop me.

That is whispering eye if you saw Role Models.

Links