Close Quarters Survival Seminar--October in Virginia

This is a discussion on Close Quarters Survival Seminar--October in Virginia within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How do we settle up with you guys for the balance due? I'm going to make my hotel arrangements this afternoon. See you guys in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Close Quarters Survival Seminar--October in Virginia

How do we settle up with you guys for the balance due? I'm going to make my hotel arrangements this afternoon. See you guys in a couple of weeks

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NosaMSirhC View Post
    How do we settle up with you guys for the balance due? I'm going to make my hotel arrangements this afternoon. See you guys in a couple of weeks

Be Safe,

NosaM
    I'll be at the hotel on the 16th under my name.
    Cell # is 1 718 610 9698.
    We can settle up the balance there.
    Looking forward to hooking up with you.
    I should be in town late in the afternoon.
    Tom Perroni--I am also looking forward to finally meeting you.

Sponsor

Be Safe,

NosaM
    If you're not getting a room and live in the area, the students will have a chance to square up on Sat. morning during the safety briefing.

Looking forward to training with everyone who's on board for this one.

Tom P-- you should have received an email from me this morning on this course coming up next weekend. Get back to me at your earliest, thanks

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I just got home a little bit ago from this event. I was unable to stay for the force on force scenarios this afternoon but I have to say that this was time and money well spent.

Yesterday was a very wet and cold day to say the least but even with the weather as it was Brownie and 7677 did an outstanding job covering and delivering the material. DCJS Instructor also gave some pointers to folks and those he took the time to mentor had immediate results from just the minute or two that he spent with them.

What Brownie and 7677 spent the last 2 days teaching is stuff that could save your life.

We started out doing some basic shooting so they could analyze any problems the student may need to address. Then they worked with the group going through the Fairbairn and Sykes methods in a manner that was easy to understand and made sense.

By the end of the afternoon we were all soaking wet and freezing but the ENTIRE CLASS was using the Fairbairn and Sykes method of shooting while moving.

This morning the class covered edged weapons and some basic moves and counter moves (cant' do a whole lot in a few hours but you get some good basics to start with). Then this afternoon was to be force on force scenarios but like I said I have to leave and was unable to work through that part of the class.

Great guys, great teachers and they have a great knowledge of what they are providing. I highly recommend it.

I am going to give a shout out to DCJS Instructor as well. I have already decided that I am going to take his basic pistol course as well has his shotgun class, both hopefully in November. DCJS Instructor is a class act.

Thanks again to Brownie and 7677 for traveling and I wish Matt could of made it as well.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    I just got home a little bit ago from this event. I was unable to stay for the force on force scenarios this afternoon but I have to say that this was time and money well spent.

Yesterday was a very wet and cold day to say the least but even with the weather as it was Brownie and 7677 did an outstanding job covering and delivering the material. DCJS Instructor also gave some pointers to folks and those he took the time to mentor had immediate results from just the minute or two that he spent with them.

What Brownie and 7677 spent the last 2 days teaching is stuff that could save your life.

We started out doing some basic shooting so they could analyze any problems the student may need to address. Then they worked with the group going through the Fairbairn and Sykes methods in a manner that was easy to understand and made sense.

By the end of the afternoon we were all soaking wet and freezing but the ENTIRE CLASS was using the Fairbairn and Sykes method of shooting while moving.

This morning the class covered edged weapons and some basic moves and counter moves (cant' do a whole lot in a few hours but you get some good basics to start with). Then this afternoon was to be force on force scenarios but like I said I have to leave and was unable to work through that part of the class.

Great guys, great teachers and they have a great knowledge of what they are providing. I highly recommend it.

I am going to give a shout out to DCJS Instructor as well. I have already decided that I am going to take his basic pistol course as well has his shotgun class, both hopefully in November. DCJS Instructor is a class act.

Thanks again to Brownie and 7677 for traveling and I wish Matt could of made it as well.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    Sorry to have had to sit this one out but some family issues came up at the last minute.
    I had no doubt that 7677 and Robin would do an outstanding job.
    Sounds like they did.

Sponsor
    NosaMSirhC,

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm glad you felt the skills we imparted were worth the effort to attend and put up with the weather. It sure was nasty cold and soaking wet, that's for sure.

I left 93 degree days to 35 and rain, not something I'll want to do again anytime soon. Can't trust the damned weathermen on the east coast at all. They predicted 60-62 and sunny for the weekend all week long right up until I left Friday morning.

Stay sharp out there, BTW-thanks for the loan of the windbreaker. I sure did appreciate it Sat afternoon

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links