Close Quarters Survival Seminar- June in Denver
This course will teach student how to survive a close quarter gunfight through the integration of hand-to-hand, movement, point and sighted fire techniques. By course end, the student will be able to hit any point he looks at out to 7 yards or so, from any position, without using his sights. When: Sat/Sun June 13-14, 2009
Where: Private range in the Denver area.
Instructors: 7677 and Steve Camp (aka 'steve2267')
Cost: $350.00 ($300.00 if deposit made by 5-1-09)
Start and End Time: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Deposits of $100.00 will secure your slot for this event; deposit by 5-1-09 and your cost is only $300.00. Send me an email at email@example.com
for physical address to which you can send the deposit or for online payment.
- Be on the range by 8:30am to load your ammo, gear up and make ready, we start shooting right at 9am both mornings.
- 30 minutes for lunch
- Due to location, we recommend you pack a lunch.
- Directions will be provided upon receipt of deposit or payment in full
Equipment to bring:
- Eye and Ear protection mandatory
- Pistol with minimum of 3 magazines, 5 magazines are recommended
- Holster & magazine pouch
- 1000rds of ammo (minimum)
- Airsoft pistol if you have one (Airsofts will be supplied on a limited basis.)
- As we all know, ammunition is becoming scarce and more expensive. If you have a reliable .22 pistol (with a corresponding suitable holster) OR a .22 conversion kit (e.g. an Advantage Arms 19-23LE kit), feel free to bring and shoot it. We strongly recommend that you shoot at least approximately 300 rounds from your carry gun.
- A limited number of Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits for Glock 19/23/32 are available. Please contact Steve Camp for details
- If you’re unable to bring your pistol, contact Steve.
- If you’re not able to find ammo, contact Steve.
Description of skills covered:
- The draw stroke
- Shooting throughout or at any point in the draw stroke.
- One handed garment clearance
- FSA Pointshooting
- Point shoulder
- ¾ hip
- ½ hip (aka Elbow Up/Elbow Down: [EU/ED] )
- Quick Kill Handgun
- Two handed
- One handed
- Quick Kill hip – multiple threats from the hip
- Two handed Sight and Threat Focused shooting Techniques (Quick Fire)
- Sight/Fight Continuum:
- When to go hand-to-hand or gun.
- When to use the sights or threat focused technique.
- The necessary amount of extension for a given distance.
- Subconscious Competence, Programming and the OODA Loop
- Action vs. Reaction and the role “Taking The Initiative” plays in winning a gunfight.
- The Zipper, Focal Transition, and Failure to Stop Drills
- Ready positions:
- One handed ½ hip
- Two handed compressed
- Modified SUL
- Movement techniques:
- Getting off the ‘X’
- Hiding behind a wall of bullets
- Lateral movement
- Parallel Tracking
- Movement vs. Stand and Deliver
- In Quartata
- Movement Drills
- Multiple Threat Drill
- Threat Identification Drill
- The ‘S’ Drill
- The Final test will be Force on Force with Airsofts utilizing the previously covered training from "in your face" out to 21 feet.