Front Sight Training

This is a discussion on Front Sight Training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've recently been looking into purchasing a membership to Front Sight, or at least getting out there to check out their handgun and shotgun trainings. ...

Thread: Front Sight Training

Front Sight Training

I've recently been looking into purchasing a membership to Front Sight, or at least getting out there to check out their handgun and shotgun trainings.
    Discussing this with a co-worker I was warned against it, I was told they are unreliable and may cancel a training I've signed up for with no notice, even as part of the Front Sight First Family.
    So...
    Just wanted to ask who out there has had experience with them, gone to their trainings, and who is part of the first family?
    How has your experience with Front Sight been? Any problems?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    I don't know everything i have read about them has been good. I think they train a lot of LEO. The department I use to work for sent a couple of guys to they tactical rifle course and they seemed to enjoy it.

VIP Member
    Perhaps you may consider the more notable business of gunsite. It’s a short flight to AZ and you may enjoy the sights. However, the course(s) and rather expensive, or at least by my retired standards.
    http://www.gunsite.com/
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    I've never heard anything like what you described about Front Sight. I went to their 4 Day Defensive Handgun course last October and it was excellent!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Appreciate it, I'm going to be down in Vegas in June so I was thinking of taking the 4 day defensive handgun class as a start.
    They're offering membership for about $2000 including a Springfield XD in choice of 9, 40, or 45. Don't know how you can beat that.
    Aside from my coworker I can't find anything bad about them either.

I joined Front Sight and attended my first 4-day defensive handgun class last month. I have nothing but good things to say about the class, it was well worth it and I can't wait to go back! (I just need to come up with 800 more rounds of handgun ammo, lol)

I'm planning on going to the 4-day rifle class next, and I want to go to the shotgun class sometime this year also.

I've never heard about them canceling any classes or being unreliable, maybe ask your coworker to be more specific? My handgun class had a couple of LEO's in there, as well as former military, and they all said that this was the best training they had ever received. (The former Marine finished the class as a "Distinguished Graduate", which is the "top of the class" sort of thing)

-Plop
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Links