Instructor Needs Ideas For a Specialized Case.... - Page 4

Instructor Needs Ideas For a Specialized Case....

This is a discussion on Instructor Needs Ideas For a Specialized Case.... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rob72 Add me to the list, Ex. You might want to call Summit Gunbroker. If you tell him the situation, he'd probably ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Instructor Needs Ideas For a Specialized Case....

Thumbs up wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Add me to the list, Ex.

You might want to call Summit Gunbroker. If you tell him the situation, he'd probably work to find a deal. I don't see many trade-ins, but he currently has some confiscations posted.

Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.
    Sent this guy a message. SITE LOOKS AWESOME! Thanks!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Endowment Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

"The best backup to your weapon is a buddy with another one."

Seems like it would be ideal for a more able-bodied regular in the congregation to collaborate with the pastor and work out a well-understood response plan. Give the pastor that GP100 or similar, and let his buddy carry the hi-cap semi with the extra mags.

fme

Wink Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by faithmyeyes View Post
    "The best backup to your weapon is a buddy with another one."

Seems like it would be ideal for a more able-bodied regular in the congregation to collaborate with the pastor and work out a well-understood response plan. Give the pastor that GP100 or similar, and let his buddy carry the hi-cap semi with the extra mags.

fme
    Yeah, we're working on that. Of course since I attend church there, I'm always armed with a hi-cap semi auto but we're also going to be training some of the elders or deacons to undertake this role. I'm also working with LEOs in the church to develop a plan to deal with a variety of scenarios including a robbery and an "active shooter" entering the premises. A LOT of the congregation seems to be folks who are either elderly or handicapped. At the other end of the spectrum are the families with really young kids who could be at just as much risk if not more so.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Endowment Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Add me to the list, Ex.

You might want to call Summit Gunbroker. If you tell him the situation, he'd probably work to find a deal. I don't see many trade-ins, but he currently has some confiscations posted.

i live 6 miles from him
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

My father had similar problems

My father contracted polio in 1956, before the vaccines were out. He lost all use of his right arm at the shoulder and elbow; all the muscles were gone, literally just skin and bone. He could use his wrist and fingers.

His doctors told him all the things he'd never do again. He lost his business, a service station and garage, and our house because of the bills and being out of commission for so long. When he got back on his feet he got a job driving a trash truck for the county in Miami. He went to the hospital and offered the doctor a free ride! He also drove collection and delivery trucks for Goodwill and eventually owned his own 18 wheeler. He drove trucks with multiple gear levers and no use of his RIGHT arm. Try it.

He eventually got into the rent-a-cop business where he carried a Colt Cobra and was damn good with it left handed (he was right handed until the disease). He also worked as a mechanic and there wasn't anything he couldn't do at work or around home.

Anyone can find a way to manage whatever they really need to do. Glad you're helping the preacher. I know he's in good hands. And count me in for another $20.

I got my wife a GP100 4" barrel and think it would be too heavy for this man. The SP101 seems a better choice. I don't the other makes and models. We got the wife a revolver because she has trouble racking a slide.

Rick
    Last edited by woodstock; June 12th, 2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added material
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Unhappy Nope....

Quote Originally Posted by jjkjr View Post
    i live 6 miles from him
    I tried that guy, Mark and his response to my query was very perfunctory; almost BRUSK. Not what I was expecting at all.

He said revolvers don't stay long he has none and doesn't expect any soon.... I mean, that's cool, but not what I was expecting...

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I tried that guy, Mark and his response to my query was very perfunctory; almost BRUSK. Not what I was expecting at all.

He said revolvers don't stay long he has none and doesn't expect any soon.... I mean, that's cool, but not what I was expecting...
    only dealt with him in a email ...... and he didnt have what i wanted.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Wink See my post #51

Add me to the list, Ex.

I exchanged e-mail and it wasn't what I was expecting at all.

I have no useful information to add to this thread but I'm willing to help out a pastor in need. Send me a PM with the info to kick in another $20.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

I will pony up 20 bucks for a man of God. If you would let me know how to get it to you it will be a done deal....
    May God bless all those fortunate to help.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Please everybody there is a new thread THE PASTOR GUN FUND & Miklcolt45 will be handling this for me as I approach my surgery. We're looking for a USED or new Taurus M66 with a 4 inch barrel, so if anybody knows of one talk to Miklcolt45.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links