Ken Hackathorn Tactical Weapn

This is a discussion on Ken Hackathorn Tactical Weapn within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read many post on local and national training factilites, as well as the Front Sight Academy. But has anyone ever taken a class ...

I have read many post on local and national training factilites, as well as the Front Sight Academy. But has anyone ever taken a class with Mr. Hackathorn? If so, how would you rate it? Of the little info I have found on him online, he seem very realstic in his practise..

Thanks.
    IDPA, USPSA, NRA & USCCA!

Ken is without question one of the best instructors in the world. The breadth of his knowledge and experience is second to none. One of the best things about Ken, though, is that he is completely non-doctrinaire. He'll show you six different ways to hold a flashlight, for example, and tell you what works best for him under xyz circumstance. Then he'll let you do whatever you think works best for you.

Ken doesn't teach nearly as much as he used to. If you get a chance to take one of his classes, you're a fool to miss it.
    Train Hard, Stay Safe!
    Todd Louis Green
    pistol-training.com

A class with Ken Hackathorn is money well spent.
    "TOUJOURS PRET"

Mr. HAckathorn and I spent the day together on a range yesterday and I learned a lot about his methodology and approach... especially as it pertains to developing moving & shooting skills. I think his handle on the that problem in particular is as good or better than any I have seen. Understanding that much of his work has historically been with very high skill level students is important, but I recommend training with him if you can... he doesn't do much private sector stuff anymore.

I just ran a class at Black Wing Shooting Center in Ohio and he is scheduled there in June.

-RJP

Ken recently did a podcast interview, which is available here:

DOWN RANGE TELEVISION with Michael Bane - Down Range Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
    Mr. HAckathorn and I spent the day together on a range yesterday and I learned a lot about his methodology and approach... especially as it pertains to developing moving & shooting skills. I think his handle on the that problem in particular is as good or better than any I have seen. Understanding that much of his work has historically been with very high skill level students is important, but I recommend training with him if you can... he doesn't do much private sector stuff anymore.

I just ran a class at Black Wing Shooting Center in Ohio and he is scheduled there in June.

-RJP

I'll be calling Black Wing on Tuesday to see if there are any spaces left avaliable.

Dennis

His stories and quotes alone are worth the price of admission! Plus you'll get some of the best training available.

Links