Training discounts??

Training discounts??

This is a discussion on Training discounts?? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've heard in several forums about discount certificates from various training centers (Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, etc). I guess that people who attend courses get discounts ...

Thread: Training discounts??

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar

Training discounts??

I've heard in several forums about discount certificates from various training centers (Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, etc).

I guess that people who attend courses get discounts on future courses or something, or perhaps they get them thru their department or organization or something.

Anyway, I'd really like to attend a course or two at Valhalla here in Colorado. Problem is, I can't afford $700 + ammo + lodging... at least I won't be able to afford it any time soon. Soldiers don't make that much money, and retired Soldiers make half of that.

Ideas, help, alternatives?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Tanksoldier, I have heard that Gunsite & Thunder Ranch are promilitary. Why not contact them about possible "scholarships" for wounded veterans. If you have any physical limitations mandated by the VA you must tell them so they can accomodate you. Example, my buddy retired out of the 1st Ranger Bn 70% disabled after 12 years as an nco in that outfit. He's not s'posed to walk more than 100 meters at a time. Stuff like that.

The only motel accomodations near GunSite are pricey hotels 50 miles from training. But you can actually CAMP right on the GunSite property for free. There have been times when Instructors and even old Mr Cooper himself have been known to stroll around the grounds at night to shoot the proverbial $h_t with the campers....what an opportunity to glean techniques!

Hey did you get my pm?
    Jim
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    actually, there's the Prim Rose about 10 miles from Gunsite. IIRC, you have fridge in the room but no MW or hot plate, etc.

Then there's the Gunsite Lodge just right outside the Gunsite property. It's about $45 a night.

As I understand it, Gunsite is or was giving free training to vets, but you need to call them for details.

928-636-4565

Hmmm, that's scary; I typed in that number from memory. It's right, but I've called it enough to memorize it.

The campsite at Gunsite has excellent accomdations, tent, camper, or motor home.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762

Hey did you get my pm?
    Jim

I guess not... I used to show several old PMs when I would logon to the site, but they all went away. I think my PC is doing something funny with cookies because it won't let me auto-logon.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Links