Front Sight assets seized - Page 4

Front Sight assets seized

This is a discussion on Front Sight assets seized within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by thebigdl86 ...Other schools just stick to their OUTRAGEOUS 1500-2000$ classes that the average person cannot afford. Thats a downpayment on a car! ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Front Sight assets seized

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    ...Other schools just stick to their OUTRAGEOUS 1500-2000$ classes that the average person cannot afford. Thats a downpayment on a car!
    Snort: $1500-2000 as a downpayment on a car? How 'bout "would buy a car"? One of our cars was $1800 nine years ago, and the other was $500 (though it took $700 more to make it roadworthy - it's our 'good' car now). Which illustrates how ANY classes are a bit out of our range right now. Maybe next year.

I certainly hope Front Sight straightens things out. I'm dismayed to hear of any misconduct of anyone in authority (and they're one of the authorities, no doubt). Likely any misconduct started small, a long time ago: may the Lord keep us all ever-vigilant regarding our own actions.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    He's the Billy Mays of weapons training.
    Or the Jim Baker of weapons training.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

I was there 3 weeks ago - all was normal

I was at Frontsight the week that the "seizure" supposedly happened (May 13 through 19). There were over 425 students there that weekend. All employees were paid on time (according to them) without any changes.

A receiver would be irresponsible if they shut things down, as FrontSight is certainly bringing in lots of cash. A receiver would also have to meet the obligations of the corporation if they could reasonably do so.

So I think that anyone who made a purchase will still be fine. It is taking a VERY long time to get ANYTHING from Springfield Armory these days. When I was there about 30-40 students picked up their XDs that weekend (well, they used them, and arranged to ship them to their local FFL).

This lawsuit is not about breaking laws, it is about breaking a contract. I agree that is not an honorable thing to do, but I also think that the few buyers involved in the lawsuit got "buyer's remorse" and got a (very lucky) attorney to help them out.

Until a week ago the attorney for the former Frontsight members maintained a website that talked about what was going on, and included all of the legal documents issued by the court. That site is gone, and they never showed any court order about the receivership.

The receiver, by the way, has to run things responsibly and reasonably or they too could be in trouble. Generally they would not want to rock the boat, they want to haul in all the cash they can.

As for concealed carry (the real topic of this forum) Frontsight helped me apply for my permits from Nevada, Utah and Florida. As this was just 2 weeks ago I have not received them yet.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVM View Post
    ...This lawsuit is not about breaking laws, it is about breaking a contract....
    Breaking a contract is illegal, unless both sides agree to dissolve the contract.

I was at Front Sight at the time this all happened too (may 13-20). I signed up for the free gun deal and did the four day course plus 1 day ccw. I had a great time, learned much and I received my new gun via FFL in Albuquerque this week!
    I have nothing but good things to say about Mr Piazza's operation based on my own personal actual experience. Unless you have been there, I think it unfair to judge!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMFellow View Post
    I was at Front Sight at the time this all happened too (may 13-20). I signed up for the free gun deal and did the four day course plus 1 day ccw. I had a great time, learned much and I received my new gun via FFL in Albuquerque this week!
    I have nothing but good things to say about Mr Piazza's operation based on my own personal actual experience. Unless you have been there, I think it unfair to judge!
    I'm sure many will agree with you. His training methods are top notch from what I've read. This is not in question.

What is in question are his business methods.

I'm not certain the ariticle is 100% on the level. The Frontsightlitigation website has never reflected anything about Front Sight assets being siezed. I also think it may be unfair to label Piazza as a crook or as being shady, since it was a settlement that they arrived at to avoid further litigation. It was not an admission of guilt.
    For the record I am a Front Sight member and when I saw this article I contacted Piazza directly and asked about this article. This is part of his reply.
    "Don't be concerned.

You can’t believe everything you see on the Internet.

This is pure BS written by a reporter who was banned from Front Sight after she was convicted of illegally carry a gun into a courtroom."

Like I said I have tried to independently verify the claims in the article and have been unable to do so. If someone else has further evidence that this event actually happened I would be interested in seeing it.

On a side note, frontsightlitigation is now gone. Not sure what that means, if anything.

Smile

I was told that the newspaper was ordered to make a retraction of the false story. Supposed to be some bad blood between the reporter and FS. Great training school. Some 600 were there last weekend while I was there. I hope it survives as it is a great facility with great instructors! If you look at the suit it appears to be only 3 people out of thousands of members who filed the thing. Sour grapes? Personality clash?

Armydad

Front Sight

I contact Dr. Piazza today ,concerned about the status of the two XD's I'm expecting long with other goodies along with the value of my 4 day class certificates I'm holding. He personally contacted me and assured me all was well and they are in full operation.

Front Sight is still there, still going strong, still providing excellent training.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links