LFI Training Locations

This is a discussion on LFI Training Locations within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would love to begin attending LFI training courses and wondered: does Mas change the locations he offers the LFI 1 course from year to ...

Thread: LFI Training Locations

LFI Training Locations

I would love to begin attending LFI training courses and wondered: does Mas change the locations he offers the LFI 1 course from year to year?

The closest location he offers this class from me is ~8+ hours away and I was wondering if he moves his classes around a little from year to year or if he pretty much stays at the same locations.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    Lifetime NRA Member

HK P2000 SK

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Hi Deb, Mas often looks at these threads so maybe he will answer. He is in such demand that it is just hard to be everywhere. I live in AZ and I'm flying to WA to attend LFI II and will probably have to fly to LFI III later in the year. One of the reasons his classes are so good are the quality female instructors he has. Gail, his S O, is wonderful, patient and understanding.
    In AZ, Kate often assists and she is as good.
    The 800 mile trip is worth it just for the knowledge that if you need legal assistance and you are an LFI Grad he will never let you down.

We are trying to get him to do an LFI I class in S/AZ next year and I'm close to setting it up.
    We are looking to get an LFI II in Phx next year also and that looks good.
    Get to his class, travel is inconsequential for what you get.

I waited for Mas to come closer to my location.

It took almost twenty years, but it was worth it. I should've done L.F.I. 1 years ago. In short, if you can afford to travel to one of his classes, do so. It is a class worth taking. In fact, if you could only take one "Big Name High Dollar Class" L.F.I. 1 would be it in my book.

I'm not connected with L.F.I. 1 in any way except for being a graduate that is satisfied with the class and the instruction given.

Biker

Thank you so much for your replies. I'll do what it takes to get to the next LFI 1 I can.
    Lifetime NRA Member

HK P2000 SK

Thumbs up

"I would love to begin attending LFI training courses and wondered: does Mas change the locations he offers the LFI 1 course from year to year?

The closest location he offers this class from me is ~8+ hours away..."

Mas Ayoob has been giving LFI 1 at Defense Associates in Wallingford, CT for many years, once per season in the fall.

It's important to note that Mas personally gives the course.

There are long-time return students ea. season from NC, PA, VA, NJ, NY etc. Own "commute" is 4.5 to 5 hours, FWIW!

Great place to receive weapons training in general. Mas recently authored an article in "Combat Handguns" on this outfit:

"...Defense Associates, which has made it perhaps the best-known private firearms training group in Connecticut, and one of the best in the country. His school draws in students from all over the nation..."

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...avoid-a-fight/

LFI Schedule @ Def Assoc.:

Lethal Force Institute
    Last edited by White Spider; May 31st, 2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: DA Art.

Why don't you ask Mas to come to you? Put together the class, market it, arrange attendance, and bring him in?

We do it regularly, and did it with Mas this March. He's very accomodating and a fantastic man to be around--great stories, great sense of humor, and a thorough professional. The class, JUODF, is invaluable.

Don't be shocked at the fee. It's Massad Ayoob, and he's cheap at twice the price. You'll need 20 or so students to make it work. I'll be glad to offer whatever advice and tips you need!

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

I'm doing just that in S/AZ and will coordinate with him in 2 weeks. Have a steakhouse, Rolling Rock, and good people to train.

Outstanding! Are you dealing with Mas or Dot?

Mas.
    Sierra Vista has a new large range that is an equal distance between Sierra Vista, Bisbee, and Tombstone. Lots of shooters in these areas.
    At the same time Tucson folks have a 90 minuted drive to the range.
    The range has a new classroom which will have heating and cooling.

Outstanding--you're in great shape, then. Heads up, he likes Long John Silver's fish for dinner. <g>

Dan

We have one, but there is a Mexican food place (La Casita) he fell in love with and he and Gail had a greattime when my wife and I took them to a steakhouse that is in the stagestop operating out of the old Fry General Store that was near the main road to old timy Ft. Huachuca.

Outstanding! Please give him our regards--Dan, Al, and Jim from Iowa. We drove him to Chicago after the class, and I don't think we stopped laughing for 30 seconds on the whole trip. 'Respect' does not begin to sum up my feelings for him.

Dan

I'm looking forward to meeting you myself. Perhaps an LFI III class in Indiana. You'll like BikerRN also, he compliments me well as I tend to be a hard charger and Biker has the ability to slow down a bit.
    All in all the LFI world is a bond that is pretty darn tight.

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    I'm looking forward to meeting you myself. Perhaps an LFI III class in Indiana. You'll like BikerRN also, he compliments me well as I tend to be a hard charger and Biker has the ability to slow down a bit.
    All in all the LFI world is a bond that is pretty darn tight.
    Slow?

I'm as fast I can be. I'm smokin' fast in my legendary mind.

Biker

Links