Practice Frequency - Page 2

Practice Frequency

This is a discussion on Practice Frequency within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Once a week for me on the normal. I try to make extra trips to the range when I can....

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Practice Your Shooting?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weekly

34 40.48%
  • Two or Three Times Per Month

30 35.71%
  • Monthly

13 15.48%
  • Other (Please Elaborate Below)

7 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Practice Frequency

Once a week for me on the normal. I try to make extra trips to the range when I can.

I try to get to the range weekly if possible, although sometimes I may skip a week depending on my schedule. I'd like to be able to go more often- but, unfortunately, my job and my bank account tend to interfere with what I'd like to be able to do...
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Try to shoot at least 50 rounds a week. The local shop has a nice indoor range, and I am self-employed so can set my own schedule. It's only the money for range time and ammo that holds me back >sigh<

I go once a week, 50-100 rounds, plus teach CCW classes.

Jacob Lee

VIP Member
    I try to go at least two times a months; some months I'm able to go three times.

I generally shoot 300-500 rounds per session, with most of my sessions starting with drawing my holstered weapon from concealment. I also shoot drills consisting of: weak and strong-hand only, failure-to-stop, multiple targets, partially concealed, ranges above 10 yards and some other stuff.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    I can shoot out my back door and act accordingly.

I used to buy two boxes of WWB, the 100 round count. Mon-Fri I would shoot 20 rounds per day and then shoot the whole second box on Saturday.

I've had to modify that somewhat and only get to do the 100 round thing on Saturdays, if that. I voted "weekly" as I figure that's about what it figures to. Needless to say this pistol has well over 10,000 rounds through it.

I did buy an Airsoft replica of my Taurus 92 and use that when I'm in town which is most of the time now. My office is here in my fiance's house, soon to be our house. Because of some bad stuff that's happened I moved in a bit early: My bed is in my office along with my entertainment center. I'm a good boy and she's a good girl.

Anyway... I get practice one way or another. That Taurus replica is awesome. I'm only concerned about the lack of recoil. I don't know if it will translate into reduced recovery time.

Josh <><

Senior Moderator
    I average about 150 rounds per week. My goal is at least once a week, but due to different conflicts I do miss some weeks. But then again, there are a number of weeks I shoot twice so it kinda averages out.

In years that I do some kind of training, which is almost every year, I shoot about 1000 rounds the week of training.

Mine is seasonal too. During the winter I use an indoor range which is costly. The rest of the time I go to the outdoor range at least 2x a month (normally there's something going on, so I enjoy it)
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

I try to shoot weekly in the summer and fall. The winters tend to be brutal and my range is shut down. Spring is very wet, but I get out there when I can. Ammo costs also dictate practice time. If I one the lottery I would shoot every day. I'm sure the majority of the member would do the same.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I shoot weekly, try to go 100 rounds a week. Sometimes, I miss, but for the most part, I stay on schedule.

Since I also have 'free range' out the back door - I shoot quite a bit (at least weekly) - though it's not always 'training' and it's not always with my carry gun. I like to shoot rifles quite a bit - but still try to put 50 rounds a week through the 1911 for training purposes. Winter is more of a hindrance due to the daylight hours for me - than it is for the weather.

Do bows count? If so - then daily. :)

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    My practice sessions are about to increase. The conservation dept. is building a range about 10 minutes from my house. Free range use and close to home. How great is that.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Once a week.
    Hopefully more soon.

I only make it to the range every 2 to 4 months. I wish I could get out more often, but I usually have other things to do.

Distinguished Member
    I like to make it out twice a month, but if not, then definitely once.
    RKBA

John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links