Steel Challenge Ft Smith, Arkansas 6-6-09

This is a discussion on Steel Challenge Ft Smith, Arkansas 6-6-09 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Folks.....words cannot fully describe the awesome day I had with the members of the Old Fort Gun Club down at the river range today. Good ...

Thread: Steel Challenge Ft Smith, Arkansas 6-6-09

Folks.....words cannot fully describe the awesome day I had with the members of the Old Fort Gun Club down at the river range today. Good folks, great weather, and a great challenge. My girlfriend and I burned through about 420 rounds together on a 150 minimum round count ordeal. From 12:30 pm to 5:45 pm. Six stages, four squads. Took the Glock 19 this time, and both my girlfriend and I used it. That's right......9mm! To those poor souls who all brought their 22lr pistols and had such a heck of a time making them work......I feel for you, but then again.....you went the cheap route and ended up paying for it in the long run. I've done the USPSA matches, and the GSSF match last year, but this is something different. Initially scheduled to work today, some unknown force relieved me of that duty at the last minute to make this all possible. Let me tell you what...........it's an opportunity that should never be passed up if at all possible by anyone involved in shooting. My girlfriend had the time of her life, and I'm just now feeling the sunburn. But it's going to be alright. About 50 people showed up today, and about six of them were women. I know nobody went home disappointed today besides the folks that brought their .22 pistols. I still can't say enough, but given the opportunity......anybody that shoots....should try this at least once. If your main goal in life is to see the Bahamas....or Mount Fiji, or take a cruise to Australia........a steel challenge should be at the top of your affordable/feel good list while you keep saving for that vacation. There was a gun show in Ft Smith today as well, but we didn't go for that. There was one guy who did, and he had a box of WWB 115gr 9mm on the table marked in red ink $30 and I asked where he bought it, and low and behold it was at the gun show. I bought my limit of boxes at the local Wal Mart today for $8.97 each 50 round boxes Federal 115gr 9mm. Anyway, here are some pics, and I hope all of you had/have as awesome a weekend as I have had in half a day.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Ft Smith---birthplace of this American hero and my dad's commanding officer.
    William O. Darby

Thanks for the report Ramrod; looks like a lot of fun!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

This coming Saturday CASA (Central Arkansas Shooters Association) is having a Steel Challenge match. Always have one on the 2nd Sat of every month. 3rd Saturdays are IDPA. 1st Sunday is USPSA. Always alot of fun. Everyone is welcome on match days. 1st time shooters get to shoot free.

Old Fort Gun Club

Need to head on up there and check that place out. i usually just walk out back and do my shooting, but I think that place would be be just as much if not more fun to shoot...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Old Fort Gun Club
    The river range is a wonderful place, and the club are a bunch of the best folks you'll ever meet. There's always something going on, and I wish they would have been able to host another GSSF match there this year. I always get the club emails about the CASA matches, but the 140 mile round trip now to Barling is about my limit until I find myself another four cylinder ride since gas is my largest expense on these deals.
    As a side note.......I had one failure in the G19 yesterday out of some 400+ rounds between me and my GF for anyone who cares. I actually loaded 16 rounds in my only NDF Glock magazine designed for 15 rounds. I'll pay better attention next time.

It does look like a great time, now is it the Old Fort Gun Club, or the Old Fart Gun Club? (Looks like lots a 'guts' and 'grey hair'!)

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links