Combatives Training with Larry Lindenman

This is a discussion on Combatives Training with Larry Lindenman within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; During the weekend, I attended a class in Manassas, Virginia with Larry Lindenman. The class was Saturday and Sunday but Larry got in on Friday ...

Thread: Combatives Training with Larry Lindenman

Combatives Training with Larry Lindenman

During the weekend, I attended a class in Manassas, Virginia with Larry Lindenman.

The class was Saturday and Sunday but Larry got in on Friday night and was kind enough to take a few of us who were at the gym that night through some stick fighting and footwork drills.

On Saturday we did a lot of work on knife attacks and defenses. Larry concentrated on simple moves that were easy to learn and remember. He is an incredible instructor; very good at observing and correcting minor errors that, uncorrected, would result in major problems. He was also extremely patient with everyone.

In the late afternoon, we did a couple of hours on room clearing using dynamic entry in teams of two. We used airsoft pistols with gas only (no BBs) so that it would be obvious when you pulled the trigger. A real eye opener for us non-LEO’s. We got to learn the dangers of “sympathetic shooting” up close and personal.

On Sunday, he split the group into two smaller workable groups and had one group work boxing techniques and crazy monkey defense while the other worked on the ground game (BJJ).

I really like the crazy monkey defense stuff. It is simple to work with and I believe I can become proficient with a reasonable amount of practice.

The ground game is a whole new deal for me and I learned how important it can be and how quickly a reasonably trained opponent can put you in a real world of hurt. Also, Larry is freakin’ fast at this stuff.

We ended the day with some review of the knife work.

It was an awesome class with an awesome instructor. Everyone admitted to being completely smoked by the end of the second day.

He’ll be back in August. I don’t know yet what the details are am told it will include some work out at the range as well.

I want to thank Dino Zervos and Ashley Weekly for continuing to sponsor such great courses.

OK . . . . gotta go get me some Motrin!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

2. Remove Ads

fm2
    Thanks for the great AAR!

Links