A good class in Florida...help!

This is a discussion on A good class in Florida...help! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone, My finance is moving to Florida to start med school in Bradenton. I'm from Ohio - I took a really great class up ...

Thread: A good class in Florida...help!

A good class in Florida...help!

Hi everyone,

My finance is moving to Florida to start med school in Bradenton. I'm from Ohio - I took a really great class up here and have my carry license. He's mostly done some casual shooting with a shotgun (clay pigeons), BB guns, and maybe a semi-auto pistol once or twice (at things like cans in the backyard) without any instruction. He'd love to get his license, or at least get some more training with pistols. I'd set him up with the class I took except that it's crunch time and he'll be moving in less than two weeks, so I need to find him a great class not too far from where he'll be IN Florida. He starts med school at the end of July, so it'd have to be before then. Any suggestions?

Edited to add: He does not own a pistol or any of the accessories one would typically have, so he'd have to be able to rent equipment.

2. Remove Ads

Where in FL is he? Try contacting Terry Hall in Central FL. 386-479-2587 / Terry Hall Enterprises. If he can't help you, he should be able to possibly refer you to someone. Also check out Florida Concealed Carry Forum web site. He goes by the handle, Swamp Rat ,there.

The civic center in Bradenton hosts a gun show a couple of times a year. They'll offer the course there. Failing that, you can contact any of the local firearms dealers and/or ranges. Many will offer a course and all should be at least able to point you to the nearest one that does, even if they don't themselves.

BTW.....great area Bradenton. Right between Tampa and Sarasota and right on the bay. If he (and you) like the water, sunshine, and good seafood, he (and you) will love it!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I'm about 5 minutes from Bradenton. You will love it.

Try Take Aim on US 301 close to University Parkway.

Administrator
    I lived in Bradenton many moons ago, but have kept a few contacts. Check out HRT corp., I'm not sure if they are still in business or not since the founder died a few years ago. If they are still around, take what they are offering. Its top notch. I worked for them in the late 90's early 00. They were featured in SWAT magazine, a few operators from H.C.S.O are the lead instructors.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks for getting me on the right track, everyone! I'll stop back if I dead-end.

Also, I think he'll love it, but I still have to finish my degree up here in chilly Ohio before I get to move down there. :( Lol.

Links