Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class!

This is a discussion on Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SouthNarc I'd like to throw in a nod of support for the trio of MT, 7677, and Brownie. They were the first ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class!

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'd like to throw in a nod of support for the trio of MT, 7677, and Brownie. They were the first collaborative "point-shooting" road show that I'm aware of. I know two of the three of them and can say that they are all passionate about their material and care about a student benefitting from the coursework.
    Long time no hear good buddy.
    How have things been?

2. Remove Ads

I am the original one-legged man in the ass-kicking contest Matt.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I am the original one-legged man in the ass-kicking contest Matt.
    Good morning SouthNarc,
    Appreciate your thoughts here as well. Hope all is well in your world, sounds like you are as busy as usual. Stay sharp

pcon,
    Look for future announcements on this forum as well as Threat Focused Forums - Powered by vBulletin for future classes in the Denver area. As Steve mentioned, I expect we'll be running another class perhaps as early as late summer and another "Sightless" course with myself, 7677 and Matt in 2010 as well.

I wasn't able to attend this course as I was in Florida putting on a H2H/Defensive Edged Weapons course that weekend. Any time you can train with Matt or 7677 and Steve will be time well spent.

Reviews of the "Close Quarters Survival Seminar" called "Sightless in Rio" that was held February 09 in Arizona can be found here:

Sightless at Rio Salado Feb 2009 - Threat Focused Forums
    Close Quarters Survival Seminar at Rio Salado (Salty River) - Threat Focused Forums
    Sightless at Rio Salado After Action Review - Threat Focused Forums

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

After three days of driving, I finally made it home. I want to thank momma Glock and Wildboarem for taking the time to post reviews of the class. I would also like to thank Dave for the excellent combat trauma class that he provided. I have updated both my trauma kit and my larger medical kit with the items he suggested. Momma Glock and Wildboarem we are looking at holding another class in Denver next June/July. I have a feeling that since everyone that attended the class now has a 22 converstion kit for their AR on order and will most likely want to spend a day on its operation and tactics.

I would also like to thank Steve for setting up the class and handling most of the logistics. Steve has come along way since I first met him. His shooting skills are excellent and he is on his way to becoming a great instructor.

SouthNarc,
    I thank you for the vote of confidence and give me a call sometime.
    "TOUJOURS PRET"

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I have to ask. You are known as 7677. As a renowned instructor, why the anonymous handle? Do the students in your classes get to know your name?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I have to ask. You are known as 7677. As a renowned instructor, why the anonymous handle? Do the students in your classes get to know your name?
    7677's job requires certain precautions relative his identity.

Yes, the students are fully aware of and use his name in the classes

Brownie

7677 , my conversion showed up yesterday, the day after we went out to shoot. I'm looking foward to breaking it in. I've met and known alot of badass people, but you would be first on my list if Sh*t ever hit the fan. Thanks a bunch buddy and glad to here you made it home safe.ly

To answer Self Defense, we only knew him as "Shadow" or "Mr. Shadow" or "Mr. Please don't kill me!" JK.

On another note I was cruising the Threat Focused Forum and saw that Brownie and others are using BB guns to practice Rifle Quick Kill. What a frigin concept. I bought one today, $28, not as well built as the one I grew up with. Put it on the old bench grinder to get rid of those pesky sights and viola! Quick Kill Rifle in my shop or my porch or wherever. It's awesome when one can walk down a trail that someone else blazed. Thanks Brownie and all you others that are willing to share and make us better.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildboarem View Post
    7677 , my conversion showed up yesterday, the day after we went out to shoot. I'm looking foward to breaking it in. I've met and known alot of badass people, but you would be first on my list if Sh*t ever hit the fan. Thanks a bunch buddy and glad to here you made it home safe.ly

To answer Self Defense, we only knew him as "Shadow" or "Mr. Shadow" or "Mr. Please don't kill me!" JK.

On another note I was cruising the Threat Focused Forum and saw that Brownie and others are using BB guns to practice Rifle Quick Kill. What a frigin concept. I bought one today, $28, not as well built as the one I grew up with. Put it on the old bench grinder to get rid of those pesky sights and viola! Quick Kill Rifle in my shop or my porch or wherever. It's awesome when one can walk down a trail that someone else blazed. Thanks Brownie and all you others that are willing to share and make us better.
    Wildboarem,

The BBGuns were used by my mentor Bobby Lamar "Lucky" McDaniel back as far as the mid 50's. I was trained by Lucky personally back in 1981, have used the skills since then and have trained people professionally exactly the same way he showed us fortunate students with the rifle Quick Kill since 2004.

McDaniel blazed the trail for all of us in the Quick Kill skills which he developed.

Brownie

You'll get to know his first name--and see him shooting quite a bit--when my point shooting DVD is released.

Yes, I tell people my name at the class. As a matter of fact, Mas Ayoob used my name during an episode of Personal Defense TV when he talked about The Sight Continuum a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by 7677; June 20th, 2009 at 10:16 AM.
    "TOUJOURS PRET"

Momma Glock and Wildboarem we are looking at holding another class in Denver next June/July. I have a feeling that since everyone that attended the class now has a 22 converstion kit for their AR on order and will most likely want to spend a day on its operation and tactics.

Count me in! Only problem with those converted ARs is that the magazines empty so much faster than they load! TOO MUCH FUN!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Momma Glock View Post
    Momma Glock and Wildboarem we are looking at holding another class in Denver next June/July. I have a feeling that since everyone that attended the class now has a 22 converstion kit for their AR on order and will most likely want to spend a day on its operation and tactics.

Count me in! Only problem with those converted ARs is that the magazines empty so much faster than they load! TOO MUCH FUN!
    I PMed you a couple of places that sell the magazines at a reasonable price. I'm taking my son to the range today to shoot my AR & his 10-22 today and I know I'll be loading magazines all morning long.
    "TOUJOURS PRET"

Congratulations guys..Great job..I was beginning to wonder when Steve was get off his butt and get this thing done..Just warms my heart to see all you guys getting together again on a regular basis. Look forward to meeting and training with you guys hopefully in the near future..

Well I have finally found you.

Steve2267,
    Matthew Temkin,
    7677, and
    SouthNarc.

Been missing you guys on another Forum!?

Regards,
    Anthony.

75% of the people that you just mentioned were recently banned at WarriorTalk.
    We also hang out at http://kilogulf59.proboards.com/index.cgi?
    We moderate there so, unless we ban each other, we should be around for awhile.
    Last edited by Matthew Temkin; June 22nd, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links