Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class!

This is a discussion on Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What an awesome weekend! Thanks to instructors Steve2267 & 7677, I am now more deadly sightless than I was using my sights! The two-day training ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class!

Denver Close Quarters Survival Seminar- Great Class!

What an awesome weekend! Thanks to instructors Steve2267 & 7677, I am now more deadly sightless than I was using my sights!

The two-day training focused on FSA pointshoot & quick kill methods, as well as some close quarters combat scenarios. We shot on the move, at every point during the draw, from half-hip to point shoulder, one & two handed. I personally ran through over 1000 rounds of ammo!

In past attempts at sightless shooting, my accuracy really paid the price, but after this training, I finally get it! Fast, accurate, and more confident than ever after just one weekend! I'm so excited to practice & share what I learned. I'm totally hooked...when's the next class?

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    Momma Glock,

Glad to hear you picked up some valuable threat focused skills with Steve and 7677 this weekend and felt the effort to attend was worthwhile.

Welcome to the forum as well.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Sound like a worthwhile adventure, I'm looking forward to some similar training already set up in a couple of months.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. I'm in Windsor as well.

That class is on my wish list.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

As my wife (Momma Glock) said, it was an awesome class. We were with Brownie's "Quick Kill" team. I 've been shooting for 25+ years years now. I was the most proficient with shotgun, then rifle, then pistol. After this weekend it's a three-way tie. I've always been able to shoot and hit targets on the move with a shotgun, but never thought I could be accurate with a handgun or AR while moving. I'm not talking about duck walking or Gaucho walking. I'm talking about being able to hit targets EVERYTIME while on the RUN with only one hand. Proof is in the pudding and I gained more knowledge, proficiency and most important to me confidence in 2 days than I have in my whole life. I'm not saying "Quick Kill"/Point Shooting is only the tool you need but it is at least one that you do need. If anyone gets the opportunity to train with Brownie's "Quick Kill" team, do it. It is more than worthwhile investment.

Sponsor
    If anyone gets the opportunity to train with Brownie's "Quick Kill" team, do it. It is more than worthwhile investment.

7677 and Steve shouldn't be considered part of the Brownie Quick Kill team. We all work within the course of fire that was developed with equal input from each of us.

That's what makes this class so effective. Each of us has strengths which makes the skills training we offer in the classes some of the best available IMO. Between Matt, 7677 and I, we have over 60 years of experience with the threat focused material.

Stay sharp and thanks again for your thoughts and reviews.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Got it. When I first came across a post, by I believe Matt, they were referred to as Brownie's Quick Kill Team. I know better now ansd I appreciate your Humility.

Clint

Momma Glock and Wildboarem -- it was a pleasure having you there this past weekend. Clint, thanks for your most constructive critique on the phone today.

Momma Glock, fewer rewards has an instructor than watching your groups continue to shrink and lightbulbs being turned on as the weekend progressed. Seeing you pick up Quick Kill in a span of minutes and the way you worked your way through the target array(s) during the S-drill were a real treat for me.

When someone trains with me, what they are getting is the combined training from Brownie, Matt Temkin, and 7677 with flavorings from Guantes and Dave James, filtered through my engineering brain. Sometimes my analytical mind gets in the way, sometimes it creates a new insight into the techniques. But what you get is NOT steve2267's gunfighting techniques, rather you are getting the combined wisdom of these gentleman I am lucky enough to call my friends, and have as mentors.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Steve, Brownie and 7677 are good to go.
    I just finished shooting a point shooting video for Paladin Press and had Steve and 7677 as my assistants.
    Brownie, 7677 and myself have been/are offering combined classes--(in all aspects of armed and unarmed self defense)--- in various parts of the country for a very reasonably fee ( $350)
    We will be in Va in October and Az in February.
    Others to follow if we see enough interest.
    Brownie is the go to guy for setting these classes up.
    Glad to see this class was a good one.

I'd like to throw in a nod of support for the trio of MT, 7677, and Brownie. They were the first collaborative "point-shooting" road show that I'm aware of. I know two of the three of them and can say that they are all passionate about their material and care about a student benefitting from the coursework.

Is there a link to get more information specific to the Colorado classes you two took? I'd like to find out more since I'm here in Golden.

Thanks!

Curtis

Curtis, talk with Steve2267. He's the man. I found out about it on this sight in another room. Wish you could have been there, it was awesome. I'm trying to see if Steve2267 can't Matt and Brownie to join in next time. But just so you know it is worth the short trip to AZ in Feb., I believe Brownie has a Class going then.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    man, i wish i knew this was going on
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by spacetoast View Post
    Is there a link to get more information specific to the Colorado classes you two took? I'd like to find out more since I'm here in Golden.

Thanks!

Curtis
    You bet Curtis. The course announcement / description can be found here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1117562

Our "home base" can be found at Threat Focused Forums. We also hang out at ICCF - Integrated Close Combat Forum (as well as here, of course).

Clint, I'm looking into hosting a Denver Sightless in 2010 -- maybe next spring or early summer -- where Matt, 7677 and Brownie would all be here. Probably at the same location. That location opens up ALL sorts of opportunities such as CQB Rifle / Carbine in addition to LONG RANGE rifle out to 800 yds easy.

Thanks for the info and links, Steve! I'll check them out soon. Those classes sound like a real good learning experience as well as a lot of fun. I might even try to convince the wife to do some more training with me. :)

It would also be fun to meet some fellow Coloradoans from DC at a training session.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links